Honeymoon Suggestions

Aug 7th, 2005, 11:15 PM
Original Poster

Honeymoon Suggestions

I will be travelling on my honeymoon around 9/26 - 10/8. We're looking at spending around 10 or so days in Thailand and am trying to figure out what to do. What is the beach area we "just gotta see", what things in Bangkok do we "just have to do", and what are some other things that we "don't want to miss", while in Thailand?
Aug 8th, 2005, 08:30 AM

Too general- you need to add detail- how many days in BKK vs. beach area. Budget? What type of things interest you (shopping, temples, etc)
The more detail you put in the more advice in detail you get back.
Aug 8th, 2005, 08:38 AM

In my opinion if you only have 10 days in Thailand you should skip the beach or only go for a couple of days. It is the least "thai". Yes the beaches are gorgeous but there are gorgeous beaches a lot closer to home. But there is nothing like Bangkok and northern thailand closer to home. I know this is a minority opinion so I am sure that most posts will be very different.
Aug 8th, 2005, 09:42 AM

Gloria makes a good point.
Aug 8th, 2005, 10:17 AM

My choice would be to split my time between Bangkok and either Phuket or Koh Samui. Phuket has more activity, but Samui is a great place to enjoy the beaches. I'm also going to BKK and Phuket at just about the same time you will be there. But I'm not going to be celebrating a honeymoon or anything like that.

There will probably be rain, but it will not last too long (hopefully) and will not spoil the fun.

Things you should not miss in BKK would be a visit to the Royal Palace, a klong tour on a longtail boat, shopping at the weekend market or the night bazaar, and dining in some of the most wonderful places. Hotels in BKK are a bargain when compared to other big cities. Have you decded where you are staying?

Night spots to enjoy would include the top of State Tower (a place called Sky Bar), the Bed Supper Club restaurant (the most unique dining I've ever experienced), and a favorite nightclub with great entertainment would be Tawandang German brewery. Go early so you can get a good seat in front of the stage on the main floor.

Phuket has boating, day trips to Phi Phi island, elephant rides, parasailing on Patong beach, great dining and some wonderful hotels. Have you picked your hotel yet? Patong beach is way too busy for me. I like Kata. But Karon would also be a better location.

Please ask questions, but it is more helpful if you can be specific.
Carol
Aug 8th, 2005, 10:21 AM

first of all you need to get yourself a good guidebook to thailand and make some decisions for yourself and then tweek them by asking us...

fodors
frommers
impact guides

i get them at my library..

is the ten days including your travel time??

beach---all kinds...issolated, busy town type beaches with clubs, bars and restaurants, resorts...what are you looking for

your budget amounts would help us guide you also...how much for a hotel per day for instance...

places:

bangkok of course....and may i suggest that you consider the bangkok marriott resort and spa for your entire trip..it is suggested as a resort...this is stretching it a bit...it is very nice and you have the feeling of being way away from a large city...but you have all the benefits of a city: restaurants, sightseeing and fabulous clubs...and all very reasonable...bkk is cheaper than most beach areas ...

beaches:

hua hin
koh samui
koh chang
phuket
krabi
phi phi
samet
rayong
pattaya/jotiem
and more

give us some guidance

sights;;
grand palace
suan packard
jim thompson house
wat arun
thornburi klong tour via long tail boat
wat pho
v-mark palace

shopping, shopping, shopping

more hotels than you can shake a stick at in bkk at all budgets...lux hotels cheaper than any place in the world
Aug 8th, 2005, 11:53 AM

Add Calypso Cabaret at the Asia Hotel- its a blast!