Two Senior Ladies Thailand and Cambodia

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2005, 12:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WE are two senior ladies(mid and upper 70's)need guide/driverfor BKK and Chiang Mai prior to our OAT trip to Vietnam. Also need guide/driver for our post trip to Siem Reap.Any suggestions,advice etc. greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 22nd, 2005, 06:05 PM

Several previous posts have referred to a young woman guide called Ratt who they all highly recommend in Bangkok. I believe she is contacted via the Oriental Hotel.Check on other posts or maybe someone with experience will reply. Cheers!
Old Jan 22nd, 2005, 06:15 PM

ratt is not young but rahter middle aged...she would be perfect for you...her e-mail is:
[email protected]

her sister is in CM and is a driver there....contact her through ratt....her name is poon i think...

she charges 220B oer hour and add 1B per kilometer outside of bkk...she is very reasonable....she is fantastic...

sometimes you have to be strict with her as she tries to add on things to what you are doing so you have to rein her in....for instance she often wants to drive people to the ancient capital after they have arrive from a long flight...this is not appropriate...

she get booked early so contact her now...she will also meet you at the airport...

make sure that she is your driver and not one of her associates, including her husband, who some have reported is not as good as she...his english is not as good either...
Old Jan 23rd, 2005, 05:25 AM

I just had Ratt and Poon and highly recommend them. There is a thread about them which you should be able to find by doing a search. If not, let us know.

Neither are guides although Ratt does give a fair amount of information. But they are lovely women and I think you would enjoy them a great deal. They are also 100% reliable.

Old Jan 23rd, 2005, 03:12 PM
jat

Based on previous posts on this board, I recently used Ponheary in Siem Reap and Sergeant Kai in Chiang Mai. I thought both were very good and would recommend them.
Old Aug 8th, 2005, 12:22 PM

Ratt's website is www.ratservice.com.