Search

Ritz Carlton Wedding

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2006, 06:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ritz Carlton Wedding

Hi,
My fiance and I will have a wedding in Bali Ritz at the end of May. Does anybody have any suggestions of where would be the perfect venue for a wedding dinner? I heard the restaurant DAVA is fabulous--but the outside venue wedding pavilion gives more of a bali resort feeling to it..I have 30 guests who will attend the wedding.

Of course, if anybody has had their wedding at Ritz pleease help me out!!!!
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 06:56 AM

Congratulations!
Personally, The Ritz itself doesn't represent the Bali resort feeling. You could be anywhere else in the Pacific. Of course it's a fabulous hotel for a wedding and anyway, now it's too late to give any ideas. Don't want to make you even more confuse. Just go for it, it's your wedding, it'll be great.
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 06:10 PM

According to my information, the Ritz has two wedding venues. One is a 'Asia modern' all glass air conditioned chapel that holds about 50 guests. The other is an outdoor 350 year old traditional Indonesian wooden canopy that seats about 100 guests. The hotel probably has pictures if you need help deciding.
Old Jun 21st, 2007, 09:07 AM

Pandapunk,

I would love to hear about your wedding - do post a report upon your return. We just got engaged over the weekend, and both of us are looking at Bali Ritz Carlton. Did you use a wedding planner? Thanks!!!
Old Jun 21st, 2007, 05:12 PM

Panda, congratulations! I've never planned a wedding in Bali (though I've been to many both as a guest and as a beachside observer). I recently organized an anniversary party for 80 and considered the Ritz.

[I ended up choosing the Legian, which, for h2babe, does splendid weddings as well.]

I think the Ritz does a great job on events in general. You're in good hands.

The only caveat I would give for your wedding dinner (and this is CRITICAL) is to have a good rain plan. I know May is not the rainy season, but it's the tropics and despite what they may tell you it does rain all year. (In fact there was a major storm yesterday.)

The resorts that feature gorgeous outside pavillions often have woefully inadequate options for rain. Be sure to ask the question and be sure you're satisfied. Then you can relax and enjoy your sunny wedding.

If I were you I'd go for the outside dinner and ask if you could keep Dava as a rain backup.
Old Jun 22nd, 2007, 05:33 PM

Congratulations!
Old Jun 24th, 2007, 08:25 AM

Marmot,

I checked out the Legian Hotel in Bali but unfortunately wasnt able to find a lot of pictures of the wedding locations on their website. I contacted Ritz and they sent me pictures of their 4 wedding venues, all are beautiful. Can you talk a little bit more about the Legian from your personal experiences? How close it is to the beach etc? Thanks!
Old Jun 24th, 2007, 04:35 PM

h2, as I wrote on your other thread, you have to make sure you get the right Legian. The one you want is THE Legian in Seminyak.

For some incomprehensible reason the GHM Group which manages the Legian and the Chedi hotels worldwide has updated their website so that it gives absolutely no information. Another marketing genius at work!

Try the Leading Hotels website instead:
http://www.lhw.com/property.aspx?pro...FQufbgodFG-gDg

I'm sure if you e-mail them they'd send you promotional information.

For weddings you have two choices at the Legian -- either the beach house which is a large, open (but rainproof) space on the beach or in their lovely gardens.

The Ritz is also a wonderful choice. They have a wedding chapel for the ceremony and several areas for the celebration reception dinner.

As I wrote above, just be very clear on what they are offering in case of rain. When I organized the anniversary party I really like the Ritz's outside venue but the rain alternative was the ballroom which was very sterile and unappealing. The Legian allowed me to take over the whole restaurant so I was literally covered. In the end it didn't rain. We had sunset cocktails on the beach and a long and lovely dinner in the restaurant followed by champagne and cake outside and yet more toasts at the beachside restaurant.
Old Jun 25th, 2007, 03:34 AM

Okay, this is the right website for the Legian. I apologize to the unknown marketing genius. I don't know what that other site was that I was referred to. . .

http://www.ghmhotels.com/hotels/hote....asp?hotelid=3
Old Jun 25th, 2007, 04:37 PM

Marmot, thank you soo... very much for all of your inputs (on the venue, and the airfare tickets' strategy). I will ask both for the back up plan in case of rain. I always envision myself getting married on the beach at sunset, but as long as the indoor venue is pretty, I can live with that too ;-)

The other concern that I have with the Ritz was their menu was all international. Nothing wrong with that, only that I am looking for a more traditional Indonesian meal so that my friends can truly enjoy their experience there and have an Indonesian style cake. Legian has some Indonesian dishes included in their option, which makes it more attractive to me at this point.