Replicas ASIA

Aug 18th, 2005, 07:22 AM
Original Poster

Replicas ASIA

Hi All,

Im planning a trip to Europe in December and would like to have a stopover in Asia for shopping. I am interested in purchasing A grade high quality fake handbags, wallets, DVDs and particularly watches. I have three options: Hong Kong and Shenzhen, Bangkok or Kuala Lumpur.

Any help is appreciated...

I kindly ask that indviduals refrain from posting criticisms ... and post becoming post on the ethics of counterfeit trade.
Aug 18th, 2005, 08:47 AM

I find malaysia too be verry good for DVD. some places sell some that look so real and are packeged so profesianaly, I could not tell the diffrence..
(I refer too Penang but KL may have simaler quality and shops..

when it comes too watches I'm in tha canp that says don't bother with the fakes they are just stright up crap.. I've noticed timex, citizens and other budget makes producing some replicas of the supper lux watches.

I helped a buddy of mine by a fake TAG in BKK and the stupid thing lasted only 17 hours, thankfully I helped him get it for really cheap $5.
Aug 18th, 2005, 05:51 PM

If you go to Kuala Lumpur, shop at Jalan Petaling in Chinatown, better to go in the early evening. But the stuff comes from China anyway, so maybe better to go to the source, either Hong Kong or Shenzen, but suggest that Hong Kong would be more pleasant albeit a tad more expensive.

Can't comment on Bangkok as I now live in China so buy my cheapies here.
Aug 18th, 2005, 05:57 PM

in bangkok mbk at siam square would be a good one stop place or the pratnam market another place...

in seoul there are lots of markets with fake stuff and some very good ones...
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:41 PM

BKK. Pantip plaza on Petchaburi rd. (Pratunam district) is the place too get fake dvd's and sofware. Pantgip is a huge computer mall. .
Aug 20th, 2005, 04:38 AM
Original Poster

Hey guys thanks for all your input ... personally KL is most convenient ... and sounds like a decent destination for fakes. In terms of fake watches is the only place the markets for high quality or do sum shopping centres sell them, in hidden store-rooms.
Aug 20th, 2005, 08:00 PM

Hmm, I never noticed anything in the shopping centres, but that's not to say they don't exist. If ever I wanted anything like that, I would go to Jalan Petaling Chinatown. It's a good place to visit anyway to wander around. Nearby is Central Market, good for souvenirs and the like, and an upmarket shop called Peter Ho who sells nice clothing and homewares from all over Asia. The problem in Malaysia is that nothing much is actually made there which would interest the majority of us, apart from pewterware and pottery and some clothing.
Aug 23rd, 2005, 04:49 AM

So are your looking for fake automatic watches.. I've yet too see one at markets. but I've checked some on the internet and I'd say KEEP AWAY from the see threw cases. the movemnts, rotors and all the gutts look terible..

-------
what fake brands are you looking for, Bolex, Fartier. If ya do find something at a market it will most lile likely be a copy of a brand known too general public but will not offer option a watch canisoure would care too see.
Aug 23rd, 2005, 09:54 AM

For designer knockoff handbags I think Honk Kong had the best selection- but you have to ask to see the good stuff- which is usually not on display. In the markets ask to see the good stuff and they may take you a block or so away from the market to their storeroom. This happned to us and my wife was amazed at the selection and quality of the stuff they had!
Oct 24th, 2005, 03:36 AM

Hallo, I am in Bangkok as we speak and have done all the major markets on a quest for 'good' handbags.
I was here the same time last year, and have to say the prices have definitely risen since then, but the new best place to buy great leather designer bags is in the underground market opposite world trade centre - Penny's in particular, ask for Green - she was extrememely helpful.
Good luck!