Rasa Ria, Borneo

Jan 21st, 2004, 10:04 AM
Original Poster

Rasa Ria, Borneo

Can anyone who has stayed at the Shangri-La Rasa Ria, north of Kota Kinabalu, answer any of the following questions for me please -

How far is it from Tuaran?
Is there much to see/do in Tuaran - I'm thinking particularly about restaurants and markets?
How often do buses run from KK to Tuaran?
What time do they stop running?
Roughly how much does a taxi cost from KK to the hotel?

I'll be there for 11 nights in April and don't fancy being "trapped" in the hotel every evening

Thanks.
Jan 29th, 2004, 09:05 AM
Original Poster

Topping in the hope of a reply
Jan 29th, 2004, 10:44 AM

Hi,
I don't know if this will be of any help to you,we are going to the tanjung aru in march,and the best way i have found info i wanted,has been to do a seach on 'copernic',a very good search engine,you will find alot of reports and travelogues from people who have stayed at the rasa ria,then you can e-mail them and ask.Give it a try.
Hope you find success
sue
Jan 31st, 2004, 04:31 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestion suziuno.

I looked up copernic and see that you have to download it on to your system to use it. To be honest, the free basic version doesn't appear to have anything that plenty of other search engines don't have and I don't want to pay for the extra features on the pro versions.
Feb 12th, 2004, 03:39 AM

TTT
Feb 13th, 2004, 02:15 PM

We are going in June and are finding it difficult to decide on hotels, do try this site as we found it quite informative: sabahtravelguide.com/welcome.asp
We have asked the same questions through the contact on this site and he has been most helpful. Rasa Ria seems to be nicer but the distance is also our concern with regard to transort and eating. They did tell me that the taxi fares from KK to Rasa Ria double after 6pm. Have you looked at the Nexus?
Maudie