Search

Playground Mall on Thonglor bkk

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30th, 2005, 08:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Playground Mall on Thonglor bkk

re Playground Mall on thonglor
New Mall opened in April on sukhumvit soi 55, Subsois 18 and 20.

It's a very small boutique mall with upscale thai designers. It's art, design and fashion and home decor. Open 10:30 a.m. to midnight per Nancy Chandler website.

I found it fascinating.
Jewelry earrings shaped just like chandaliers by a famous thai designer.
Old Dec 30th, 2005, 08:32 PM

thanks for info
Old Dec 31st, 2005, 02:48 AM

Hi Isis...I was there a few days ago and wasn't impressed. There's a mall up the street called H1 at 988 Sukhumvit soi 55 that's supposed to be really good, but I didn't have time to go there since I needed to zip over to the Jim Thompson Outlet on soi 93. I started to check it out today since I was on soi 38...opposite soi 55....but I went to soi 38 to eat at Face restaurant since I didn't eat there at our Bangkok GTG a few days ago. Maybe tomorrow, I can get to H1 mall. I'm going to try to get to that historic house down on Sathorn Rd. tomorrow, too. I'm just SO busy running around like a chicken with my head cut off. It's nearly 3 weeks in Bangkok and I won't get everything done on this trip either....I still have things on my to-do list from the 1990s. Guess I'll just have to move here. Smiles. Happy Travels!
Old Dec 31st, 2005, 04:32 AM
Original Poster

Hi guenmai, no problem.
Enjoyed seeing you at the Face.
See you again somewhere in the world where we may cross trails. And it might be at some Mall.
Old Dec 31st, 2005, 05:58 AM

guen---did you like face?? food that is...
Old Jan 1st, 2006, 10:03 PM

As for the food at Face. It was very good, but definitely not the best Thai food I've had. Remember, I've had a lot of Thai food. The shrimp with cashews was delicious...although I could have had less oil, but I definitely would order it again. My Thai friend had Pad Thai...a more traditional version without the sweetness...I prefer a LITTLE sweetness...and I had mixed vegetables which were fine...but then again cooking mixed vegetables is cooking 101...and we had shrimp rolls for an appetizer....shrimp rolled in a crunchy outside dough or something... very nice...and I had to have sticky rice and mango since that's my obsession and I've definitely had better sticky rice and mango...the best( a tie) being among Indochine restaurant in Singapore on Club Street in east China Town , Sabai Thai restaurant in Singapore in the Ngee Ann City Shopping mall on Orchard Rd., and also at one of my Thai friend's restaurants in L.A. County. Her whole family is in the restaurant business and her brothers were named chefs of the year in Australia. She can really cook,too. Those three, in my opinion are the best for sticky rice and mango that I've tried. But it was a nice experience. There's also a Face restaurant in Jakarta and one in Shanghai. The waiter was from Shanghai and we talked quite a bit. The total for lunch at Face came to around 1,650 baht and we just had water to drink. Happy Travels!