Phuket restaurants

Old Jan 6th, 2006, 05:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phuket restaurants

any recommendations for a first timer? We have Mon Tri on the list (which one is better)? thx!
Old Jan 6th, 2006, 07:51 AM

Both Mom Tri restaurants are excellent. You will not be sorry. You might want to opt for the Grill at the Boathouse first, though, rather than the Kitchen at Villa Royale.

One of the diningroom people on my cruise ship (I'm cruising as I type) used to work at the Kitchen. I think he misses Thailand!! When we talk, he seems a little homesick. I don't blame him!

Carol
Old Jan 6th, 2006, 09:20 AM

Which part of the island are you staying, there is a huge selection, dpends what you are looking for, local Thai, Royal Thai, other cuisines etc
Old Jan 6th, 2006, 09:38 AM
Original Poster

We are staying at kata thani and will eat one night at mom tri, so can opt for something different the other days/nights. We love thai food and seafood!
Old Jan 6th, 2006, 10:12 AM

Old Siam between Karon Hilton and the Karon/Kata hill has great sunset views, Thai music most nights, reasonable. Red Onion up from Karon Circle has great Thai food and good service, bargain, it is covered but open sided and has great dishes, the duck is excellent. Kaneang on Chaofa Road down at Chalong has great Thai seafood, some of the best seafood places are down at Rawai and Chalong as that's near where the fishing boats come in.
Old Dec 5th, 2006, 02:52 PM

I'm staying at the JWMarriott in Phuket and am looking for a really nice restaurant for Christmas Day dinner, but we don't want more than a 30-minute drive, tops, from the hotel to the restaurant. Baan Rim Pa, Mom's Tri's Kitchen, and Boathouse seem to be coming up a lot. I need to find out how far they are from the hotel and am not sure how to find this information out. In the meantime, I'm trying to ascertain which of the JW Marriott's restarants might fit the bill for our family (6 of us, me, my husband, and 4 older children... 21, 19, 17 and 16 (the 16 year old eats nothing spicy)! Thanks