Phuket Restaurant Recommendations

Nov 21st, 2005, 06:14 AM
Original Poster

Phuket Restaurant Recommendations

Can anyone help with restaurant recommendations in Phuket? We will be spending most of our time in the Northern part of the island (by the JW Marriott). Thank you.
Nov 23rd, 2005, 11:44 AM

We went to two great restaurants while in Phuket. One was called Lotus right on the beach at Ao Bang and the other was in Phuket town called Lemongrass near the Phuket Town Inn. Hope this helps.
Amy
Nov 23rd, 2005, 04:38 PM

I just got back from Phuket, and also found two great restaurants. In Karon, we found Papaya. The Thai food was really good -- all the standard dishes. It was so good, we came back again for lunch on another day.

In Patong, Sea Hag was excellent. It was recommended to me, but we almost gave up looking for it, as it has only the tiniest sign. It's on a small alley off the beach road. There's a Zen restaurant on the corner of the beach road. None of the seafood places on the beach looked that interesting.
Nov 24th, 2005, 01:40 AM

I agree Michael, Sea Hag is good in Patong, run by Kenya who is also an artist.

I like Old Siam, on the beach road between the Hilton and Kata, great views at sunset, great Thai cuisine.

Up from Karon Circle about 150 meters on the left 'red Onion' is a great small restaurant, great service and a bargain, very well presented, well managed and amazing Thai food, Massaman Curry, the duck is great.
Nov 24th, 2005, 04:49 AM

Danny
Most of the recommendations you are getting are for other areas of Phuket, and will require travel from the J.W.

My own favorites are in Kata/Kata Noi area. Mom Tri's Boathouse Grill and Mom Tri's Kitchen. Top notch, great food, excellent wine list, super service. Hope you will take the time to travel to the southwest part of the island!
Nov 25th, 2005, 03:00 AM

Bob stayed at the JW recently so I don't know if they tried restaurants in that area, maybe he will come in on this, sorry did not note you were staying at the Marriott, but you have quiter a journey down to the main beach areas for restaurants from there.