Search

Phuket or Sri Lanka

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2005, 02:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phuket or Sri Lanka

Hi everyone

Me and my wife want to spend 7 days at a luxury beach resort just lounging in the sun and are unable to decide between Phuket and Sri Lanka.

In Phuket, we plan to stay 4 nights at Amanpuri and 3 nights at Trisara followed by 3 nights at KL for shopping etc.

In Sri Lanka the plan is to spend 4 nights at Amanwella and 3 nights at Sun House in Galle with 3 nights in Singapore to round it up.

Which do you think is a better option ????

Thnks in advance
Old Mar 28th, 2005, 02:49 AM

Both are different. Do you plan on just staying on the beach/around the pool or do you plan any shopping, going out to restaurants or entertainment? This might help your decision. Cuisine, are you happy with 'internationa' style or do you have some preference for the local cuisine of Sri lanka or Thailand. These are things I would add in to the scenario. Also perhaps your travel routing.
I think it is very diffucult to just say which one is better as it really is down to how you want to spend your time, will you just stay at the resort or venture out. I think you will be able to make up your decision if you add in a few of these criteria.
Old Mar 28th, 2005, 03:17 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply.

We very much want to stay at the resort pool/beach.

Regarding shopping, entertainment etc. we intend to cover those in KL/Singapore.

Thanks again
Old Mar 28th, 2005, 07:46 AM

Sri Lanka is still a little less built up and touristy and Phuket, so makes a nicer and relaxing stay.
Rich,
Photos and travelogue of my Sri lanka trip
WWW.FRANCEINFOCUS.NET/VLC41.HTML
Old Mar 28th, 2005, 09:41 AM

Not sure about the changing 4 days at the Amanpuri and then 3 at Trisara, any particular reason to change as same part of the coast. I think you could end up having no final opinion as both have their merits, perhaps ease of flights might come into it. KL is 1 hr 20 and Singapore 1 hr 40 from Phuket, KL has 3 flights a day from Phuket and Singapore currently 3 to 4 per day but high season about 5 per day. From Sri lanka to KL I think it is like 3 per week.
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 07:10 PM

Sri Lanka!!!