Photo Essays - Mountain Climbing in Remote Kyrgyzstan

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12th, 2018, 05:20 PM
VGF
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Photo Essays - Mountain Climbing in Remote Kyrgyzstan

HI All,

I had an amazing mountain climbing trip to remote Kyrgyzstan recently. I'm doing a series of little reports on it - each one pretty short with only ten or so photos. This trip was to an area where very few people go - local or foreign - as it's many miles away from any road. The company we went with hired an in-country guide who turned out to be one of the top mountain climbers in the world, named Mikhail Danchkin, but we knew him as Misha at the time, We only found out later he is going on a winter ascent of K2 next year. So, our trip to a remote, unknown part of Kyrgyzstan was a walk in the park for him, even it it was high adventure for the rest of us. I didn't know until I got there that Kyrgyzstan has many different mountain ranges, and most are glaciated. It's spectacular and unspoiled by development or mass tourism, yet has good roads and friendly, inexpensive infrastructure. I would definitely recommend it for those with a taste for off the beaten path travel. To see some of what I'm talking about, i hope you'll enjoy seeing the full story with huge, high quality photos of glaciers, rock climbing, and rappelling here:

https://fisherphotocraft.blogspot.co...to-summit.html

https://fisherphotocraft.blogspot.co...to-summit.html

Thanks!
Vick
Old Nov 13th, 2018, 02:20 AM

Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Beautiful photos! Wow is all I can say!

And you'll be happy to know I looked at your site on my desktop computer, so I could really appreciate your photos.
Old Nov 18th, 2018, 05:57 AM
VGF
Original Poster

Hi Progol!

Sorry - I've been distracted with work and other stuff recently - just saw your comment. You can't imagine how happy that makes me that at least someone looked at the photos on a big screen! They sooooo much better that way! And thanks for the compliment - glad you enjoyed them.

Take care,
Vick
Old Dec 11th, 2018, 11:08 PM

It's very breathtaking!
Great sharing, VGF