Peninsula Bangkok Photos posted

Old Apr 1st, 2003, 10:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peninsula Bangkok Photos posted

I have finally finished the last pages of my journals and photos for my trip to Cambodia and Thailand last summer. The last days were spent at the Peninsula in Bangkok. Since I know there are always questions about this hotel, I thought I's share my experience and photos.<BR>Please go to<BR>http://www.wired2theworld.com<BR>click on the Cambodia trip and there you'll find a link to the Bangkok page.<BR>I'd be happy to answer questions.
Old Apr 2nd, 2003, 07:05 AM
Original Poster

Just a note; I've looked at the pages on another computer besides mine at home and it appears that some of the photos are not coming up. I'll have that corrected tonight.
Old Apr 2nd, 2003, 05:47 PM
Original Poster

Ok, should be good to go now. Let me know if there are problems.
Old Apr 2nd, 2003, 07:30 PM

thanks for the photos...your pictures are great....i looked at cambodia and thailand only....i do all my own planning so i understand your thought process.....i spent about 6 months on our last thailand/cambodia trip or 28 days in nov 02....can't wait to go back for 6th time....we love thailand and especially bkk.....my wife has to have her penn fix.....we have always had a grand deluxe room not a suite....the early morning breakfast in your room is just fabulous...we did it for the first time last trip...<BR>you might try the marriott resort and spa next time, just down the river...it is our overall favorite and we like the pool area much more than the penn...its cheaper and more relaxed...we stayed there 14 days a couple of years ago and just hung out and wnet out to eat, shop etc...
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 11:08 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. Glad you liked the photos.<BR>I actually liked to pool at the Pen quite a bit, though I am not much of a &quot;pool person&quot;. I liked the tranquility of it and the riverside location. I admit, it's small (because it's broken up into 3 sections) and probably not that great for kids or someone who wants to do laps. But we had a very enjoyable lunch and afternoon there.<BR>I'm afraid my husband is now spoiled and we will always have to stay there. I just hope we don't always have to have a suite.
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 11:46 AM

I enjoyed your photos and journal of Bangkok -- also looked at your photos from other destinations. Thank you for sharing your experiences and advice. Having returned from Thailand several months ago, I can state that information posted on this board was invaluable to our visit.
Old Apr 4th, 2003, 11:31 AM
Original Poster

luvtotravel- Love your &quot;handle&quot;!<BR>Thanks, glad you enjoyed the site.<BR>Yes, I've found tons of helpful advice here as well.
Old Apr 6th, 2003, 06:02 PM
DMG

Didn't see your pictures but I did see the Peninsula and thought it was great. I liked the pool because there was shade available and it was so much cooler than the pool at The Oriental where you bake in the sun.