Pattaya

Old Apr 1st, 2010, 01:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pattaya

I will be visiting Thailand in late June. I will be spending several days at the beach in Pattaya. Does anyone have an idea what the weather might be like? I am concerned that it may be very hot.
Old Apr 1st, 2010, 03:10 PM

www.weatherbase.com
Old Apr 1st, 2010, 07:43 PM

Thailand has varies degrees of heat. Hot and sticky, Hotter and sticky,and hot,wet and sticky.

Juse is almost summer, so, don't expect to take your winter woolies.

Drink lots of fluids, and don't lie out in the mid-day sun.
Old Apr 1st, 2010, 07:48 PM

Correction - "Juse" or June is past the summer months in Thailand. Thai summer is from March - April and that is when all the local schools have their summer holiday. May - October = monsoonal or wet months.
Old Apr 1st, 2010, 08:14 PM

i find that time of year hot but bearable....it will be slightly cooler in pattaya, like only 90's F...

bring cotton loose fitting clothing...seek a/c
Old Apr 1st, 2010, 11:49 PM

I do apologize for my selling error. Picked it up after I posted.
However, there is only a few degrees difference between March and June temperatures.
I just returned to Australia after 12 days in Bangkok and Siem Reap. Hot,but, bearable, as long as you take the necessary precautions with clothing and drink plenty of fluids.
No rain while I was there in both areas.
I used to spent a lot of time in Bangkok area for work some years ago, and, from memory, most rain was in the afternoon.
Old Apr 2nd, 2010, 01:38 AM

No rain because you came during the dry season. I find the temperature and humidity in April the worst, often exceeding 40c. In June you often have rain especially the afternoon tropical showers or thunderstorms which alleviate the hot climate a bit. Temperatures can fall from 38 or 39c to 25c in the matter of minutes at the onset of a thunderstorm. From July onward there is usually more rain and sometime it can rain for days.

Use the statistics in the weather website like weatherbase.com and these are compiled from actual climatic data over the year.
Old Apr 3rd, 2010, 07:07 PM

Here is a link on Pattaya weather:
http://www.pattaya.bangkok.com/weather.htm

It will be hot at times but I don't think it is unbearably hot. But it depends on you I suppose. You do get some breezes from time to time, often just before a rainfall. I think the heat is manageable. If you get a little too warm then step into a mall and cool off. Lots of malls in Pattaya, several of them not far from Pattaya Beach.

If I plan on long walks for exercise I usually do that in the morning or late afternoon. I find myself walking on the side of the street that is in the shadows sometimes. You just deal with whatever weather you have. You could also spend a couple hours in one of the three modern movie theaters, they are so cold you may wish you had a jacket on at times. They show current new releases (in English too) at good prices.

I read more posts worrying about not enough heat and sun during the more rainy time of the year than it being too hot. Like the other posts and links say, usually the rain stops in an hour or so and the sun comes out right after. Some of the streets can get a little humid until the sun drys off the roads.

I prefer this time of the year when hotels are cheaper and fewer tourists getting in your way.

Good luck.
Old Apr 4th, 2010, 04:45 AM

Check out this Thai weather map - http://www.travelfish.org/weather_fish.php

You'll see that Pattaya's wet season goes up an down a bit, but it is never very wet compared to the rest of the East coast....even Bkk