Bali-plan B without Gpandas-help!

Apr 2nd, 2010, 06:06 AM
Original Poster

Bali-plan B without Gpandas-help!

Last night it was sealed, that the Panda's treatments mean they can't travel with us in May. Needless to say we are very sad and feeling lonely already , as the planning was a joint effort. We are now reworking our Bali hotels. We think we want a few days of down time on the North shore around the Lovina area. Just a comfortable place, AC, good bed, and restuarants not too far away. We will have a car. We don't need a lot of amenities or water front activities. Has any one used the Rambutan Lovina, or Adirama Beach Hotel Lovina, or Baruna Beach hotel which is now called the Puri Saron Baruna. They all get mixed reviews on TA. Any input? Any other suggestions, and if so any specific rooma to ask for. Thanks
Apr 2nd, 2010, 08:11 PM

ttt
Apr 2nd, 2010, 10:07 PM

Ah, that's too bad.hope gpanda's treatments will do him well Can't help with the north have not been up that way. when will u all be there in May? Will u be staying down south at all?
Apr 3rd, 2010, 01:17 AM

The last time I was in North Bali I stayed at Puri Ganesha Villas which is in Pemuteran to the west of Lovina. They are rather pricy but really, really nice with a very good restaurant. Nearby alternatives are Taman Sari and Amertha. Amertha is newer with very nice grounds.

I'm not a big fan of North Bali, except for diving, but Diana von Cranach who owns Puri Ganesha with her Balinese husband is one those wonderful Bali personalities.
Apr 3rd, 2010, 06:16 AM
Original Poster

Laartista..we are in Ubud the 21st-24th, and then on to the east at the waterpalace until th 28th. Any where near you?

Marmot..We tried the Taman Sari and they didn't answer any of our inquiries. Then we went thru a hotel site and Suites were all taken, we asume from their answer. We have settled on the Rambutan as they have a nice suite available, and we will get to see another side of Bali.
Apr 3rd, 2010, 10:38 AM

maybe, i arrive on 21st, staying around semiyak or sanur, have no res yet!! and leave in 4 days for first 2 wweks btwn HK, THAI, & KL. BUT I have a meeting on 22nd and we were going ti Ubud after to say hi to friends since my driver is from there so if u all want to grab a drink or chow def lmk.
i love Ubud but my allergies are off the hook in that town!!
Apr 3rd, 2010, 05:48 PM

Look forward to hearing about the Rambutan and Lovina. I'd like to do some exploring in the area myself as there's been a lot of recent development. That's the problem with new experiences in Bali: They're mostly all positive and your list for what to do next time just gets longer!
Apr 4th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Original Poster

Laartista.. contact Bob at [email protected] and lets see if we can set a date for a gtg of drinks or a meal. an't wait for BAli again.