Park Hotel in Tokyo?

Old Mar 1st, 2008, 02:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Park Hotel in Tokyo?

We are looking for a midrange hotel in Tokyo for 6 nights in late October, early November. The Park Hotel is one possibility; has anyone stayed there? Other suggestions? Given jet lag, we don't want a ryokan in Tokyo. Our price range is around $175 per night. We have never been to Tokyo so we don't know how to choose which neighborhood.
Old Mar 2nd, 2008, 04:50 PM

First off, I love Tokyo. It's a crazy exciting cross between the future and the past. A bit surreal. I would recommend staying either near Shinjuku train Station or Tokyo station. Both would offer you major transportation options for getting around Tokyo and in and out of Tokyo. Shinjuku area is definitely livelier with lots of shops, restaurants and nightlife nearby. I do not know the Park Hotel. We have stayed in the Marunouchi Hotel which is adjacent to Tokyo station. It's very nice and reasonable prices and you can take the train direct from the airport to Tokyo station and walk with bags underground to the hotel. It's very near the Imperial place and not far at all from Ginza. If you prefer Shinjuku, I would try the Keio Plaza which has nice reasonable size rooms at reasonable rates. Others on this site have suggested some hotel right above Shinjuku train station but I do not recall the name. Try searching under Shinjuku hotels on this site. Enjoy!
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 02:20 PM

I have stayed at the Park Hotel on two trips. I think it is a beautiful hotel, close to the Ginza and Tsukiji Fish Market. The rooms are not huge but very well appointed.
The Shiodome area is a bit confusing to navigate. Everything is above street level.
Bruce
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 02:38 PM

I stayed there a couple years ago. Nice place and easy to travel to and fro. Staff very cordial and pleasant.
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 05:04 PM
BnS

In Shinjuku, Century Southern Tower's location cannot be beaten and their price is reasonable. You may want to consider Hyatt Regency as well. They provide complimentary coffee/tea and croissants/buns for Hyatt Gold Passport members. If you don't want to walk to the station (10+ minutes) there is a complimentary shuttle bus every 20 (or 30?) minutes till late.
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 05:29 AM

Park Hotel Tokyo was named best value hotel by Budget travel - if that means anything to you. We got three nights stay there for $570 through expedia.com - for April.

We 've heard good things about the Villa Fontaine chain and booked one night there on our way in.