Search

Paging Kathie

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2007, 06:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paging Kathie

Kathie...I just called Delta last night and booked a weekend in Seattle for June 1-3. I'll need rest after my L.A. GTG. Smiles. I've always wanted to go to Seattle. I exchanged an unused airline ticket that's to expire in 2 days and decided to have it redone for Seattle...a spur of the moment thing. Any hotel recommendatons? The hotel with 1000 in the name sounds interesting. I really haven't had time to research this since I'm very busy with other things now. Happy Travels!
Old Mar 8th, 2007, 07:09 AM

I'm not a Seattle expert like Kathie, but I did really enjoy my stay at the Inn at the Market...right at the famous Pikes Place market.
www.innatthemarket.com

Old Mar 8th, 2007, 09:20 AM

what happened to the tent and the sleeping bag?
Old Mar 8th, 2007, 09:42 AM
Original Poster

Sounds good to me. I'll check out that Inn. Will I need to rent a car or is there public transportation from the airport to this hotel...or are taxis inexpensive. I've reserved a car through Avis for $51.00 for two days which isn't bad at all. It just depends on how much the hotel charges to park it. That's where the expense usually is. Happy Travels!
Old Mar 8th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Original Poster

Well, I just checked the Inn's website and there are no rooms available on my dates. On to Plan B. Happy Travels!
Old Mar 8th, 2007, 11:04 AM

Hi, Guen, the Inn at the Market is lovely, too bad no availability.

I assume you want to stay downtown. Our public transportation system isn't great, but there is excellent (and free) bus service in the downtown area. Depending on what you want to do here, you may be fine taking a taxi or shuttle from the airport and skipping the rental car.

Let me think about hotels - give me some hints for what you want. I'm not sure what you mean about the hotel with 100 in the name.
Old Mar 8th, 2007, 11:08 AM

PS I have to check my calendar at home, but am hoping Cheryl and I will be in town and available for part of the time you are here.
Old Mar 8th, 2007, 12:04 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Kathie. I haven't decided what I want to do yet in Seattle as I need to at least flip through a tour book to see what there is to do. Right now I'm so busy with trying to deal with the airlines for two Bangkok trips and one Paris trip...all within a year...that I can't even think straight. Plus, I'm accompaning my 86-year old dad on his dream trip to Hawaii in a few weeks. I did all of the arrangements for that which wasn't easy since I wasn't about to put him on flights that were at very weird hours and with very long layovers.He's been talking about this trip for 20-plus years. We'll just stay in Honolulu. He has to fly in alone from another state and then meet me here in CA, and then we'll fly together.
As for the hotel,in Seattle, I think it's called Hotel 1000. I'll have to look it up on Expedia.I think I read about it last year in Departures magazine or some other travel magazine. I really want to stay near the Pike's Place Market. I'll probably keep the rental car reservation as I might want to take a scenic drive around Seattle area. Happy Travels!
Old Mar 8th, 2007, 04:32 PM

one really fun thing to do is just to drive downtown to the piers and drive onto a ferry and go to one of the nearyby islands....great views of the city that way too...
Old Mar 8th, 2007, 06:54 PM
Original Poster

Kathie...When I got home I called AmExp/Plat/Travel and had them handle the hotel reservation and they got me into the Inn at the Market. I had them call the hotel directly. So, it's all settled. One less thing to have to deal with. Smiles. Happy Travels!