Search

hotel in Seattle

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 04:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hotel in Seattle

Any comments on these Seattle hotels? The Moore, Kings Inn, Days Inn Seattle, Any other suggestions for a one night before cruise - basically a clean place to sleep
Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 04:11 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
They are all in downtown Seattle, and they are the very cheapest places available. Days Inn is a typical motel, as is King Inn.

The Moore Hotel is an older hotel on 2nd Avenue.

If you need that price range, those really are the only choices within the downtown area.

If you're willing to share a bath you can check for a room at The Ace Hotel on 1st in Belltown.
Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 04:18 PM

I would go with the Days Inn of those three. I was curious as to which hotels in Seattle were at the bottom of the list on Tripadvisor so looked the other day, and the Kings Inn was one of them, so although I have no personal experience of it, I'd stay away based on those reviews.

If you've stayed in old 1 and 2 star hotels in Europe and you're ok with them then you might be ok with the Moore. Check the schedule at the Moore Theater for the night you're there however to make sure there's not a rock concert scheduled.
Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 04:19 PM

What is your budget? Why not try Priceline?
Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 05:37 PM
Original Poster

thanks for responses. We don't have to go rock bottom - just don't need to be too fancy that particular night. I thought the Moore might be okay,( thanks Suze for the idea of checking the theatre program!) have seen the reviews for King Inn and we definitely will not go there.
Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 05:40 PM

I don't know how clean they are, but they are among the cheapest places to spend a night in Seattle.

The Moore is closest to Pier 66--if that's from where your cruise departs.

The previously mentioned Ace Hotel is also closer to Pier 66 than the others.
Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 05:46 PM
Original Poster

thanks - will check that out too
Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 05:47 PM
Original Poster

Paula - I have never tried Priceline - not quite sure how it works.?
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 04:36 PM

popcorn-On Priceline, you name your own price and usually can save 40% or more. The reason your post caught my eye is because I am looking at hotels in downtown Seattle right now. My daughter is going there in a week to audition for a theater and wants to find a reasonable hotel for one night.

Don't know what the rate is for the hotels you mentioned but right now it looks like the 3* hotels in downtown Seattle are being won at around $60. I think that's a good deal. To get more information go to www.biddingfortravel.com.
Click on Washington-Seattle hotels. There you will see a list of the bids that have been won and also a list that shows that hotels are in each * category. You can also read up on how to do the bidding at this website. It seems difficult and confusing that the first time I used Priceline, it actually turned out to be easy.

Keep in mind a couple things about Priceline. You don't know the hotel until your bid is accepted although by looking at the list you have a pretty good idea what hotels are winning. Second, you pay when your bid is won and it's non-refundable. Third, if there is more than 2 people in your party, they don't guarantee more than one bed although you can usually get the type of bed you want directly from the hotel. Also be cautious when you bid. I always set the top dollar I will go when risking not knowing the name of the hotel. If the bidding goes too high, I'd rather book a hotel of my choosing.

I think it's a great deal, though. For instance on the night my daughter needs a room, the AAA rate ath the Red Lion is $135. Looks like she should get a bid at about a savings of 45%. For the price of a 1*, you can get a 3*.

Good luck. Let me know if you have other questions.
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Original Poster

thanks Paula for all that info. we have finalized our hotels now, but possibly we could use Priceline in the future. My sons or daughter might be interested. I wish your daughter luck with her audition.
Jill
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 06:36 PM

Kings Inn - it's on the gross side. I stayed there about 10 years ago, and it wasn't great, and I have heard other complaints, not to mention what TripAdvisor says.

Days Inn - I have stayed there on a free night, and that's about the only reason I would. Just not nice, but better than Kings Inn.

Really, I am not one to complain about hotels, but I do not like these places.

One possible option in this price range that is better, in my opinion, than the above hotels is the Sixth Avenue Inn.

For me, it's Priceline or Hotwire all the time now, in Seattle.
Old Apr 10th, 2008, 05:39 PM

popcorn-Can you cancel your hotel reservations? After checking out the reviews of the hotels you mentioned, they don't sound great to me.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know I bid on Priceline for a 3* downtown. Just got the Crowne Plaza for $75. I don't think you can bet that deal!!

Enjoy your cruise.