Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Package sent from Thailand, how do you track it?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A package has been sent to me from Thailand and they sent a tracking number in the e-mail. I went to Thailand postal service and typed in the number but it only showed it had been sent Mar.31. How do I find out were it is and who picks up the package in the states..the U.S. postal service? I don't have a clue what I'm looking for. Can anyone assist in information please.I typed in the tracking number in the u.s. postal and got "wrong"
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 07:14 PM

i'm guessing it is on a ship or sitting in a port someplace....this assumes you sent it by sea rather than by air??

my air packages from UPS usually take only 5 days...
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Original Poster

He didn't say how he sent it, just said the postage number, RD**** *****Th. * the stars are numbers. He said in about 10 days. Sent it Mar.31. It's art,oils,3 pieces so I'm thinking it's in a tube. I anxious to see it and it's only day 11 but thought I would try to track it if possible.
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 07:31 PM

http://beijing-tour-guide.com
Old Apr 12th, 2008, 06:37 AM

A package I mailed from Thailand using their postal service took about 3 weeks to arrive. I mailed it in a long tube (acrylic paintings).
Overseas packages invariably take longer than what the various post offices state (Italy took 5 weeks - supposed to be 2).
The specialty deliverers (UPS, FedEx) are faster but, of course, you pay for that.

Your package is transferred to the US postal service's care once to the US. USPS will deliver to whatever address is on the label. If your home address, it will be delivered directly to you.
Since you have a tracking number that you saw on the Thai website, your package was sent via the Thai postal service. A tracking number means it was sent registered, signature-guaranteed. You can only track thru Thai post site, not US. If you are not home, USPS should leave a note to go to your local PO to sign for and pick up the package.

What worried me was the lack of customs form. I was told packages under 4 lbs don't need them. I checked back 2X, same answer. And my package arrived safely, no worries. Just took longer than stated.
Old Apr 12th, 2008, 07:21 AM
Original Poster

Thank you! Great information! I feel so much better about it now. The gentleman I had do the art spoke little English so was difficult to get the details. His e-mail was the same. Thanks again!