Our Experiences In KL in Dining

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4th, 2023, 11:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nasi Lemak - This fragrant rice dish cooked in coconut milk was one of my favorite breakfasts. Served with fried anchovies, peanuts, cucumber, and a spicy sambal sauce, every bite was so flavorful.

Roti Canai - The fluffy, flaky flatbread was fantastic soaked into any kind of curry or dal. I must have tried a dozen different versions at all the Mamak stalls.

Char Kway Teow - The wok fried rice noodles with shrimp, Chinese sausage, beansprouts and eggs was an explosion of flavors and textures. A go-to comfort food in Malaysia.

Satay - Grilled and skewered meats like chicken and beef served with a smooth peanut dipping sauce. Perfect snack anytime of day or night.

Nasi Dagang - This regional specialty originating in Terengganu consists of fragrant rice steamed with coconut milk and fenugreek seeds, served with a spicy tuna curry and pickles.

Cendol - The traditional dessert of shaved ice topped with green rice noodles, red beans and sweetened coconut milk provided the perfect refreshment on a hot day.

Laksa - The creamy, coconut based noodle soup comes in many regional varieties. My favorites were the Penang style with flaked fish and the Sarawak style topped with omelette strips.

Rendang - The melt-in-your-mouth beef curry with chili and coconut milk had complex layers of spice that I kept craving all trip long.

Kaya Toast - This breakfast snack of toasted bread slathered with coconut jam and served with soft boiled eggs was an ideal way to start the morning.

Overall, Malaysian cuisine showcases incredible multicultural influences and regional diversity. I consider myself very lucky to have experienced so many of its highlights during my trip to Kuala Lumpur! The food memories will stay with me for a lifetime.