Orchard Hotel, Singapore on priceline

Jan 13th, 2005, 07:32 PM
Original Poster

Orchard Hotel, Singapore on priceline

Priceline has Orchard Hotel Singapore for Feb/Mar stays for US55 or SGD90 on www.priceline.com.sg. It looks OK and Bob says it was alright so we're pretty darn happy. www.bidding for travel.com has some lucky people who paid US50 and less for Jan & Feb 2005. We tried for Orchard Rd 5 star hoping for the Marriott but no luck at US85, SGD140. Oh, well, we'll shop till we drop, drink till we stink and eat till we bleet anyway!
Jan 13th, 2005, 08:10 PM

lyndie---i just checked with karen and she says our room was very nice indeed...the lobby was a bit dreary but the room was fantastic and the bath was very nice...its at one end of orchard rd which also was not as nice as the marriott...

you can't hang on to those oz dollars for ever!!!!
Jan 13th, 2005, 08:16 PM
Original Poster

Hi Bob
The Marriott was SGD 270 on their website. Thats US165 and considering we paid US109 including our upgrade to our gorgeous room at the Marriott Riverside in BKK, I could not justify the extra bucks for Singapore, even though it is more expensive as a destination than Thailand. Those bucks are depleting by the minute, as we speak! See the world before we leave it! Have a nice evening! It is 44 degrees C here now & I'm melting!
Jan 14th, 2005, 10:25 AM

44... i think the marriott singapore is one of their upscale properties and a business hotel of the lux kind...that accounts partially for the difference...plus the thai economy of course
Jan 15th, 2005, 06:17 PM

This seems like a personal thread but no matter - I will comment anyway! Though I live in Singapore, I have never stayed in the hotels here so I can't comment on which is really better. Novertheless, if you are on a certain budget, I don't think it really matters which one of the hotels you choose. Both are good and both are centrally located. My choice is to go for Orchard Hotel. You aren't going to spend that much time indoors anyway - so why pay more?
Jan 16th, 2005, 07:16 PM
Original Poster

Hi rv224-not a personal thread, so welcome and thanks for your input.

I always post here if a particular hotel comes up cheap on priceline.com-others may wish to make a booking.

I appreciate advice from a local!

We'll be out of the hotel, most of the time, as you say.

Thanks again.