Opions on these hotels please !!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28th, 2005, 06:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are trying to plan our june 05 honeymoon from the us & tring to decide where to go here are options: what is near these places also

Pheuket:
-Hotel Royal Crown- Nanai rd
-Royal lighthouse villas @Pt Boat lagoon-Thepkasitti Rd
-Allamando Pheuket- Srisoonthorn rd
-Qvc The Adanan Beach Suites-Raj utid song
Want best location for sites ie, beaches, diving nightlife

In Chaing Mai
Royal Bella vista Country Club- Baan Mon Muanjai

Please advise thanks so much
Old Feb 28th, 2005, 10:15 AM

These are all so very different in location and also price.
Royal crown is set up in the hills overlooking Patong, built quite a while ago it is pretty well used, it's a $20-25 a night place, hassle getting into Patong, not a very good area.

The Allamanda is up Laguna way, more expensive better standard all round

Andaman beach Suites are right in Patong beach short walk to the beach, overlooks the local temple and funeral pire. For that sole reason I would't personaly stay there.

Royal Lighthouse I know nothing about.

If you are looking for nightlife plus beach then Patong might suit if you want a busy touristy area, if you want a little quieter then Kata or Karon, if you can give us your price range/budget I am sure we can all give you our personal ideas/experiences/suggestions.

Do note that June is rainy season, you might want to look at Koh Samui where it is relatively dry season
Old Feb 28th, 2005, 10:37 AM

..re Chiang Mai..have you thought of flying into Chiang Rai instead? You could then make your way up to the Anantara resort in the Golden triangle..absolutely gorgeous and I think would be a great place for a honeymoon. They have day trips that are well organized or you can just hang by the pool. Can be pricey (BUT NOT by US standards). I would call, fax or email them..I did notice they had a 5 day special with breakfast so check the web site.
Old Feb 28th, 2005, 12:58 PM

I would not stay at the Bella Vista in Chiang Mai. It's truly in the middle of nowhere and you can find far nicer and more convenient resorts. The Four Seasons is one you should consider or look at others in the Mae Rim area. Or follow travelbunny's advice.
Old Feb 28th, 2005, 02:00 PM

If you give us a few hints, we can be more helpful. What price range are you considering? Are Phuket and Chaing Mai the only two locations you'll be visiting? Is this your first trip to Thailand?
Old Feb 28th, 2005, 04:43 PM

Mike, I'm taking the liberty of copying your separate post here so that all of the info is together:

Author: mikerri2be
Date: 02/28/2005, 07:40 pm

This is our 1st time to Thailand. Our best friends have a time share that they have given us for part of our trip so trying to work it out in one of those places that i posted earlier for a week.But budget is about 100.00 us dollars per night give or take. we want to see as much as we can while we are there for the 1st part of the trip then rest & relax for a week before we go home.
Also can you fly right into north thailand from the us?

Mike, you cannot fly directly from the US to Chaing Mai. You connect through Bangkok. It'll be a long flight, so you may want to overnight in Bangkok before going on to another location.

The hotels you listed are these all of your options for the time-share week? I'm wondering if you have any options for elsewhere in Thailand, perhaps Koh Samui or Hua Hin?

It sounds like the week in the time share will be your week to relax. Phuket might be best for that. From JamesA's post, it sounds like the Allamanda is your best bet of those you lave listed.

In two weeks, you could opt for just two locations, but don't go with more than three.
Old Feb 28th, 2005, 04:55 PM

Hi Mike, I don't think that Boat Lagoon is the place for you. Although about 15 minutes from Phuket Town, you will not have much to do there. It is a lovely marina with the very nice Watermark Restaurant and some others, but it is away from beaches and on the other side of the island from Patong Bay. There is a spa service there, but the showers are very dirty, so I would not be going for that.

The only other place I have stayed in at Phuket is Baan Yin Dee - a boutique resort about 1-2 minutes drive up the hill from Patong, overlooking the bay. It is a lovely place to stay, we have stayed 3 times. It is away from the noise, romantic and charming. There is a nice restaurant with piano bar and entertainment, pools, spas and extras. Their limousine will give you free rides down to Patong Beach. Check it out here: http://www.baanyindee.com/
You will be near the beach and nightlife, I'm not sure about the diving, you may need to take a day trip for that. My location of choice would be Phi Phi Le (Maya Bay) rather than the Similans.

For our next visit in April however, we will be staying at Boat Lagoon.

Congratulations and good luck on your wedding.
Old Feb 28th, 2005, 05:14 PM

Mike, to show you the difference:-

The Royal crown in Patong goes for $ 18 a night
The Allamanba goes for about $ 120 a night

Bid difference, are 'these' the places you have been offered the time share? If so I won't bother suggesting any others if you have a free week, but obviously if that is the case without question go for the Allamnda, the Royal Crown is a , well......
Old Mar 1st, 2005, 01:34 AM

As other have said, in June you are better off on the east coast of Thailand rather than Phuket, as you will get rain in Phuket plus wind and rain will affect water clarity and snorkeling/diving. Get a map and look in the Gulf of Thailand/South China Sea area. The island of Koh Samui, mentioned above, is a good suggestion. Other places to consider are Hua Hin (on the coast about 2-3 hours south of Bangkok) or the islands of Koh Chang or Koh Samet basically offshore from Cambodia. A third place to consider are Redang Island and surrounding islands in Malaysia, a bit south of Koh Samui. Great diving and snorkeling.

I would think you should not have any trouble finding hotels in your price range. Try asia-hotels.com for suggestions, you can search by location and price. In the Redang area, take a look at the resorts run by the Berjaya group, start at http://www.berjayaresorts.com.my/redang-beach/info.html. Also take a look at the Lonely Planet guidebook for Thailand. Malaysia or SE Asia, their “top-end” hotel reccos are generally very good value for money.

Where is the timeshare where you are spending the first week? Bangkok?