Online Shopping from Malaysia

Jan 19th, 2010, 03:09 AM
Original Poster

Online Shopping from Malaysia

I am trying to find some online stores from Malaysia - to get an idea of prices... just for fun.

Does anyone know of any websites I could look at. I have only found one or two by googling.

Thanks.
Jan 19th, 2010, 04:04 AM

It would help to know what you're looking for prices on.
Jan 19th, 2010, 06:36 AM

As Michael says, prices on what? Also, online prices and in-person on the ground prices are often different.
Jan 19th, 2010, 08:00 AM

In-person prices at a fancy mall and in-person prices at a street stall are likely to be different, too.
Jan 19th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Original Poster

Prices on anything but clothes and make up. Anything I can compare to what is back home at a department store here in Australia.
Jan 19th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Original Poster

Oops.. clarify my answer. Prices on anything, but clothes and make up would be great.
Jan 19th, 2010, 01:18 PM

This is probably the top end: http://www.suriaklcc.com.my/
Jan 19th, 2010, 01:57 PM

Whatever you hope to shop for in Malaysia you should research the prices atb home. Then when you are in Malaysia, you'll know whether you can buy it at home for less.
Jan 21st, 2010, 06:10 PM

A big cosmetic discounter in Asia is Sasa, they have many outlets in KL, see http://web2.sasa.com/SasaWeb/eng/sas...ysia/index.jsp for locations and their website shows prices. They carry a lot of brands, but don’t always have the full line of all brands.

British India is my favourite clothing store, they are based in KL see http://britishindia.asia/index.html but their website does not show prices. You might try e-mailing or calling them and see if they can give you a price range for their pieces or prices for specific pieces. They are not overly expensive, IMO, but I haven not shopped for clothing in Australia so I can’t say how it compares. They have outlets in Singapore, Thailand and the Philippines (I long for them to open in Hong Kong!)
Jan 22nd, 2010, 01:59 AM

I always think British India stuff looks great in the shop. I buy, then after about three minutes, everything I've bought looks like creased, sweaty, crumpled rags. It certainly isn't clothing to buy for India. I've actually thrown out everything I've bought from them while on the road, because of the impossibility of keeping things crisp and Dog-worthy.

But they do look good. Now I have an idea of Cicerone's style - and her hotel dry-cleaning bills.
Jan 24th, 2010, 05:30 PM

You must be buying the linen stuff. I never buy that, it wrinkles as soon as you take it off the hanger. Also, I don't know what the men's clothing is like, but the women's clothing holds up very well, I have worn it in Africa and in India. (But the OP lives in Australia in any event.)

They also have good clothging for yoga. Not sure the dogster is into women's yoga clothing....

I don't dry clean any of it, as I only buy the cotton clothing. But not linen.
Jan 26th, 2010, 03:41 AM
Original Poster

Perfect websites..... especially the make up one. Just what I am looking for. e.g. Christian Dior foundation I buy in Oz is about 80 AUD, on the websites it listed at approx AUD55.

I better do what the British India website says... and take a trunk not a shopping bag.

Thanks all.
Feb 27th, 2010, 01:06 AM

Mmm.... British India. Oh how I wish! A store like that is a trip on it's own.

How close is one of their Bangkok stores to the Marriott Resort? My Mom will be in BKK in March and would love to browse there. Cicerone, thanks, I'll put in my order for a new yoga top to replace some Lululemon. Too bad British India didn't have a more informative web site - I guess that's part of the intrigue.
Feb 27th, 2010, 01:27 AM

There is a British India at Central world mall (sky train Chidlom) in BKK