One day with Tong or her associates.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If we only use Tong for one day while in Bangkok, what places make a difference to see with her?
Old Jan 14th, 2008, 08:23 PM

the secret place outside of bkk is special, but takes 1/2 day....

depending on how much time you have in bkk....if it is short you might want to have her take you to the grand palace, jim thompson house and a klong tour...wat arun...

you will love her
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 02:18 AM

If this is your first time to Thailand, I would have her take you to the major places, Grand palace, etc.. If you've been there or feel comfortable doing those on your own, the secret fishing village is really special.
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 07:06 AM
Original Poster

We have about 4 days in Bangkok and are in our late 30s. We are fairly well traveled and thought we could see the grand palace and wat po ourselves.

So, trying to figure out what places are either difficult to see on our own, or where Tong(or her associate) would provide additional value. Is the secret place the same as secret fishing village?

THanks for all your help.
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 07:34 AM

secret place=fishing village. Also, we just spent a wonderful day with Tong visiting the Flaoting market (much better with her than without), Tiger Temple and forest orphanage. It was super.

You're right, you can do the normal places on your own. The FM, TT and FO were made special by Tong. These types of places bring out her charm and energy.
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 09:44 AM

i agree with andy...do the floating market in the very early morning and then go to the secret place for lunch and monkey fun
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 12:17 PM

I agree with rhkkmk-The secret place is the greatest. We were able todo that and 2 temples in 1 day-a very long day. Tong is the best guide you can have. We used her 2 days and went to the floating market-The Tiger Temple which was a thrill to be able to walk next to these large beasts and Bridge on River Kwai.Whatever you have her do for you it will be the best-Tell her hi from Chris & Don and ask her if she got my Christmas card-Chris