Need location suggestions for Bangkok

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I are going to Bangkok in March. It will be our second time there. Last time we stayed at the Viengtai Hotel near the Khao San Road. The price was about what we would like to spend again, but I would like to try another region of the city. I liked all the shopping and the great atmosphere of the Khao San road, so I would like to be in another area where there's likewise lots to see and do by walking distance. I would appreciate some area and hotel suggestions. Thanks!
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 04:29 PM

loved the Royal Orchid Sheraton for its convenience to the river; amazing sights on the river, location. others will rave about it or tell you to go down river. not much of a shopper; prefer to mingle and this was a great place to do that. also, the boats to the klongs are right next door.
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 07:43 PM

uhhh the viengai hotel goes for about $32 while the royal orchid goes for $127 www.sawadee.com

I don't think the orchid fits mushumel's budget "we stayed at the Viengtai Hotel near the Khao San Road. The price was about what we would like to spend again,

----
mush--- check out sawadee or another site and find a hotel that fits your budget and post back where it's located and we may be able to help ya.

do you prefer too be closer too river, shopping district, night club district, chinatown, BTS/subway stations etc.....?
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 07:43 PM

Keeping the price in line with the Viengtai Hotel (1400 baht) you might consider the Asia Hotel in the Siam Square area. Right by a skytrain stop and close to the many shopping malls in the area, especially MBK. Rates around 1625.
Old Oct 26th, 2005, 09:47 AM

Divediva is in BK and just reported on the Asia Hotel and didn't give it a good review to say the least. Happy Travels!
Old Oct 26th, 2005, 10:07 AM

When we were there for the Calypso Cabaret the lobby was not very inviting- the theater is fine for the show. I would give it 2!/2 stars at best from the looks of the lobby.
Old Oct 26th, 2005, 11:23 AM

Mushumel wanted a hotel in the price range of the Viengtai a 2+ star hotel. The Asia seemed to fit the bill nicely for that area. If one wants the Sukhumvit area there are the Regent Park, the Manhattan and the Ambassador that roughly fall in the price range.
Old Oct 26th, 2005, 07:47 PM

We were in Bangkok in June and stayed at the Triple Two Hotel on Silom Road. It is very central, yet a little bit less full on than other parts of the city.

It is a new 5 star boutique hotel (much smaller than the Sheratons etc) - we loved it so much we are going back in December.