Need Advice on Travel Agencies in India

Oct 26th, 2005, 05:26 PM
Original Poster

Need Advice on Travel Agencies in India

These two Indian travel firms have recently been recommended to us. We are wondering if any Fodorites have used either firm for India arrangements in the last year or so and could comment. In particular, any comments on the quality of their cars/drivers, guides and logistical work (especially if anything went wrong). Many thanks for any input!
Oct 26th, 2005, 06:57 PM

you did not tell us their names???????
Oct 26th, 2005, 07:13 PM
Original Poster

Oops - it's been a long day - sorry about leaving out that pertinent information! One agency is called "Ashoka" and the other is called "First Tours." Thanks for the heads-up rhkkmk .
Oct 27th, 2005, 01:19 AM

I had the same problem a few weeks back knowing nothing about any travel agents here. I came across Namaste India Tours based in Delhi and they were great. Very efficient, the driver was very careful (which is necessary on these roads) and very unobtrusive which is what we wanted. At the same time the driver was prepared to answer any questions and drive us to restaurants at night - sometimes quite late. Look at their website, it is not as glossy as some of the websites you see around but it has a sense of humour. I can't fault them for anything. Very reliable. I have just returned from my trip to Rajasthan and was very happy with how everything went
Oct 28th, 2005, 12:32 PM

hi not sure what part of india you are traveling but acompany based in goa run by an english family are very reliable
http:/www.com2goa.com/
they are known as DAVIDAIR
Oct 28th, 2005, 06:11 PM

we used a travel agency in delhi for tour of north india and trivandrum as well as the maldives. they were wonderful. TRAVELWITHUS us what they are called and i have contact information if you are interested. t
Oct 29th, 2005, 06:52 PM

I plan to go there in Dec05, and the travel agent I deal with is Sitatrail in New Delhi.

Please tell them that a lady in Bangkok suggests this to you.
I will do a tour with a chauffeur to many places: Delhi, Agra, Varanasi,Kahujuraho, Jaipur...
"SITA Indian Trails (Vijayagopalan)" <[email protected]>
Nov 20th, 2005, 12:46 PM

I will be in India Dec 16 and did all my planning with a local Indian tour company. He has been thorough, flexible,extremely helpful and less expensive than other agents in India. His info: Arvind can be reached by email at [email protected]
Nov 20th, 2005, 07:56 PM

paulo...i am considering doing business with him also...can you contact me:

[email protected]

thanks
Dec 7th, 2005, 11:45 AM
Original Poster

Paulo59 and rhkkmk - have you gotten any first-hand accounts from anyone who's used Arvind/Luxury Rajasthan Tours and come back from their trip? We are deciding between local agents and he is one -- would love to have more feedback. Thanks!