Narita airport to hotels

Old Jun 26th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Narita airport to hotels

What's the best (and most cost effective) way to get from Narita airport to Prince Park Tower Hotel?
Old Jun 26th, 2009, 01:11 PM

With luggage and especially if close to rush hour, I would probably take the Narita express train to Tokyo station and grab a cab from there. The Narita express/SUICA transportation package is a good bargain if you are staying in the Tokyo area.

Less expensive (but more hassle and longer journey time) there is also the Keisei Narita line which brings you to Ueno. You could then transfer to the subway. If you are a first time visitor, this is likely more confusing to navigate.

Other than that, there may be an airport-hotel bus that would have a stop nearby, but I have never used such.

kanadajin
Old Jun 26th, 2009, 01:59 PM

Hi Anita,
I don't know your hotel but we took the bus from the airport which dropped us off (if I remember correctly) at our hotel, the Keio Plaza, in downtown Tokyo. It took about 2 hours. I'm sure it was the least expensive as we're pretty cheap travellers.
Old Jun 26th, 2009, 03:53 PM

Best and cost effective don't always go together. Probably the most convenient, esp with luggage, is to take an airport limousine bus that goes direct to your hotel, after stopping at a few other hotels in the vicinity. It leaves about once an hour, takes about 2 hours and costs 3000 yen. It's probably a bit faster by JR Narita Express to Tokyo and taxi from there (3000 yen train + 1500 yen taxi; 90 min). The cheapest way is by Keisei Limited Express to Aoto and change for Toei Asakusa subway line to Daimon (1100 yen, 90 min) and then taxi (710 yen, 10 min).
Old Jun 27th, 2009, 12:06 AM

An easy web search finds the hotel website which provides the advice below.

According to
www.princehotels.com/en/parktower/access/

# By limousine bus
# Time required
# About 70 minutes
# Cost
# About 3,000 yen

# By train
1) Take the JR Narita Express to Tokyo Station. At Tokyo Station take the JR Yamanote Line Sotomawari (outer track) to Hamamatsucho Station.
2) Take the Keisei Line to Aoto Station, and transfer there to the Keisei Oshiage Line/Toei Asakusa Line, and get off at Daimon Station.
3) Take the Keisei Line's Skyliner to Nippori Station, and transfer there to the Yamanote Line, and get off at Hamamatsucho Station.
# Time required
# About 1 hour 30-40 minutes
# Cost
# Cost: 1,100 yen - 2,900 yen

---
I would expect the Narita Express option to be the most expensive, or at least as much as the limo buses. Check those train prices, tho, as they sound low.

Use hyperdia.com for train schedule and prices.
Old Jun 27th, 2009, 12:13 AM

What those directions don't tell you is how long the walks are from the train stations to the hotel. The photo of the hotel on the main webpage seems to show it surrounded by some parklike grounds, so it doesn't look like a train station will be right there.

The limo bus will drop you and your luggage at the hotel's front door.

Traffic might very likely slow the bus, but using it is pretty much a no-brainer compared with getting to the train station, getting tickets, making the train connection and walking from the station to the hotel.
Old Jun 27th, 2009, 12:16 AM

Forgot to mention that rush hour, if you experience it, would have some impact on your travel by train too, considering that you would be connecting at busy train stations to get onto busy trains.
Old Jun 27th, 2009, 01:45 AM

The hotel runs a free shuttle bus to and from JR Hamamatsucho station, but getting a taxi is easier. On foot it takes around 12 min, and from subway Daimon station around 9 min. Just take a taxi - very easy to find.
The train fares are correct, rounding up or down. 2900 yen is by Narita Express, 1100 yen, as I've quoted, is by Keisei/subway Asakusa line to Daimon.
Old Jun 27th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Original Poster

To all, I really appreciate all your help!
Old Jun 28th, 2009, 05:32 PM

I'll be making the same journey around 4pm in Nov from Narita to the Prince Park Tower. I'm opting for the Limo Bus because I don't want to deal with busy Tokyo trains with luggage right when I arrive & exhausted. The limo bus does take you to the hotel itself, I've already researched it. Here is a link to the bus site with fare/timetables. Note, the hotel is in the Shiba area. Looking forward to hearing about your trip, when are you going?

http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/