Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Mt everest base camp 2-3 day trek ideas?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone done a to/from base camp trek for 2-3 days frome Lhasa? I dont want to just do the 2 hr trek but wouldnt mind 2 days? I am just starting my research for a trip in october.Any recommended trek companies and should i reserve from Canada or once I get to China? I want a reputable company but basic-medium in cost . I am not a fan of having to to wheel and deal and waste time when I am there.Thanks all
Old May 16th, 2011, 07:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If I wanted to do that, which I totally don't (the base camp sounds like a real drag) at your price point, I'd look into Intrepid, Peregrine, maybe Adventures Abroad. Check with http://www.adventurecenter.com

How are you getting to Lhasa? You know you probably need to be part of a group, even if it's one invented in Chengdu or Kunming?
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 10:52 PM

I would like to get driven from Lhasa to Everest Base Camp, camp there, take a couple day hikes in the area, and drive back to Lhasa. Does anyone know if this is possible and how I could do it? Any referrals to a tour company? Also, is it possible to ride a yak or a donkey from Lukla to Base Camp? ANy ideas there? Thanks.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 07:26 AM

I know there are high school groups from LOndon that have done this. I do not know the companies that did the organizing.
Lukla to Base Camp is much longer(4 to 6 days trip). Never heard of anyone riding there.