Notices

Everest Base Camp

Nov 17th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Original Poster

Everest Base Camp

Ever since I was a kid it has been my dream to make it to Nepal and trek to Everest Base Camp. I have done hiking before through NZ and through Australia but I know physically and mentally this is going to push me to the extreme. I can handle that myself but I am having trouble finding a group or company who will trek in the period that I need to go..I only have holidays from June 27th 2011 till July 24th 2011! Ideally I will land in KTM on the 28th and depart again on the 20th but finding people or a company who will trek in between is the issue - July is the start of monsoon season there. Im desperate to get there next year and would love all the help you can give! Cheers
Nov 17th, 2010, 06:56 PM

I wouldn't trek to Base Camp if you paid me, (or go any other way, I hate what's been done to Everest and it sounds like Base Camp is now a trashy zoo), but you obviously feel differently, and LP advises women should be with other trekkers. However, have you considered that the reason you can't find anyone going on those dates is because it's a really bad idea?
Nov 20th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Original Poster

Thankyou for your opinion on this. Its an adventure Id like to take though.
Nov 21st, 2010, 09:13 PM

Hi there,

The rainy season is not considered as good season for trekking in the Everest region because of the rare chances of seeing a good view of mountains. Normally there won't be any group in this season but if you wish to go for it any way; try local agencies in Kathmandu who can arrange a individual trip for you including the one where I work.

Cheers
Nov 22nd, 2010, 01:39 AM

Post your question on Indiamike instead. There's lots more reader traffic, and you're far more likely to find travel companions/info.

Here's but one example:

http://www.indiamike.com/india/trekk...isers-t119511/
Nov 22nd, 2010, 06:14 AM

I used Indiamike when I was planning our trip to India several years ago and it is very helpful.
If your dream is to do it, then do NOT be discouraged by others. You don't want to look back on your life in later years and regret not making the effort.

Search this Thread