Search

Moderate hotel in Phuket

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2017, 09:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moderate hotel in Phuket

Hi
I'm looking for a moderate clean hotel to stay for one night alone in Phuket coming from the airport to wait for my friend to arrive the next morning. I would like to be near some restaurants and then leave for Krabi the next morning

Any advice??

Thank you
Old Mar 29th, 2017, 06:37 AM

What is moderate to you? You need to give us a price per night in US, Australian or Canadian dollars, Thai baht, Euro, or Sterling. Take a look at any of the reputable booking sites, like Booking. com, Agoda.com, or sawasdee.com. See what is in you price range. then come back with any questions you have.
Old Mar 29th, 2017, 10:56 PM

If your friend is flying in to Phuket, and you then intend to leave for Krabi same day, there's not a lot of point of you staying in deepest Phuket.....somewhere close to the aiport, like Nai Yang, makes more sense.
Old Mar 29th, 2017, 11:19 PM

I agree with Lanacaster Lad. Nai Yarn beach would be the best location. Go on to www.booking.com , type in your dates and Phuket airport as you location. Most hotels will be within 1 Km of the airport, many wil have shuttles to pick you up or drop you off. Just pick one you like the look of and is witting your price range. All will be within reach of restaurants. Have a look at the reviews - I usually seek out those with a rating above 8-8.5
Old Mar 30th, 2017, 01:35 AM

We stayed in Nai Yang for two weeks [too long really], and at 3 different accommodations.

All 3 can be booked on Booking.com, all are suitable for lone travellers, all have decent swimming pools, all are reasonably priced, and are easy to walk to the beach and tourist village...

- Nai Yang Beach Hotel
- Nai Yang Beach Resort & Spa [Chinese tour groups in and out!]
- Kingsacre [British owned, and bliss]

The owner of Kingsacre, an ex-British Army Clearance Diver, gave us a free lift to Phuket Airport [5 minutes] @ 0500 to catch an early flight.
Old Mar 30th, 2017, 08:57 PM
Original Poster

Sorry I guess moderate would be relative. I'm not sure about the pricing. I heard that Thailand s inexpensive. Would somewhere in the $70 US get a room in a 4 or 5 star hotel with an 8 or above rating? Agin I'm looking for clean and safe.
Thank you
Old Mar 31st, 2017, 07:23 AM

<<$70 US get a room in a 4 or 5 star hotel with an 8 or above rating? >>

No, but it would get you clean and comfortable 3 star hotel in most places.