Luxury resort in Patong, Phuket?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25th, 2014, 09:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are in Krabi now at Rayavadee and are spending our final night in Thailand in Patong, Phuket. We haven't made reservations yet - any suggestions? We stayed at the Peninsula in BKK, 137 Pillar House in Chiang Mai and now Rayavadee here in Krabi - all great resorts thanks to the wonderful help of the Fodor community. Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 25th, 2014, 09:35 PM

Patong beach is quite a long way and will require almost an hour or more for you to get to the airport. The beach itself is quite crowded with all sorts of bars and sex establishments.

May I suggest instead of Patong beach try somewhere else like the Amanpuri or the Trisara or the Banyan Tree. If the room rate is not a problem then the Amanpuri is the best choice.
Old Feb 25th, 2014, 09:49 PM

Banyan Tree
Old Feb 26th, 2014, 12:15 AM
Original Poster

Thank you! We will check these places out.
Old Feb 26th, 2014, 09:35 AM

Wow, you are doing the same trip i want to do in a year. Can you maybe tell me your thoughts on the hotels you stayed at? They are all my top choices in the same locations.

137 Pillars
Pennisula
Rayavadee

We are also goign to split our times with something in Phuket area so curious where you end up. And where did you do the elephants in CM?
Old Feb 26th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Original Poster

Hi chitowntraveler - Check out my trip report for many details on the trip... We loved 137 Pillars and the Peninsula. Definitely stay on the river in Bangkok. Rayavadee is beautiful and lovely however once you're here, you're very limited in terms of going anywhere else as it's not accessible by car, just boat. Restaurant options are very limited on Railay Beach so we ate at the pricey hotel restaurants mostly. Great food but I'd prefer a mixture of off-property meals too.
Old Mar 5th, 2014, 12:39 AM

Patong has lots of budget places and also mid range but not much in the way of luxury unless you look at Diamond Cliff that is a short way from the center, if you go just south of Patong there is Le Meridien and that is good in its own little bay, that I would say is about the bet. If you wante to be right in the busy / nightlife area perhaps a suite at one of the mid range hotels like Patong Beach Hotel or Patong Merlin