Search

Middle or Aisle Seat for Japan Flight

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7th, 2003, 03:57 AM
em
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Middle or Aisle Seat for Japan Flight

My husband and I will be traveling to Japan very soon. He has booked an aisle and middle seat on a five seat middle row leaving one seat between us ....hoping it will not be booked. I am concerned about the trip because of "fluid retention in my legs" on long trips. The longest we have traveled is to Rio from east coast. Would it be better to try to get two aisle seats and hope for the best rather than access to the space between the middle and aisle seat? Thanks so very much for your advice!
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 01:55 PM

Yes! Yes! Yes! 2 aisle seats. Gives you more room to stretch out your legs. You are free to walk around and visit the bathroom whenever you want. I have crossed the Pacific twice in the last year and an aisle seat, better yet...the bulkhead on the side... is always my choice.
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 03:46 PM

Absolutely 2 Aisle seats! Many couples traveling misss this idea! Having 2 aisle seats not only gives you more room you will find that getting up and moving around so much easier, food service easier, and actually the aisle between you doesn't stop a chat, guess you couldn't have a card game.
Aisle on long hauls always is my suggestion, no question.
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 04:28 PM

I'm with the aisle folks -- hands down.
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 06:14 PM

one other thought although i agree with aisle/aisle...

some 747's have 3 or 4 rows of two seats at the back of the plane (rows 63-67 on northwest airlines)...we always request these seats...one advantage is that the window seat has a large space between it and the window...my wife can stand up in it....you can't be too tall to do it, but for average women it is fine....we love it for storage and for the stand-up situation.....
you might ask your ailine about this....we prefer 63 or 64 both sides....
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 07:04 PM

Don't the bathroom lines bother you when you are in the back of a long-haul 747?
Old Oct 11th, 2003, 07:50 PM

Definitely 2 aisle seats. However, depending on the aircraft and how full it is you may be able to get 3-4 seats to lie down on. Ask the airline when you check in how crowded the flight is and tell them of your needs. They most likely will accomodate you if the plane isn't full.
Old Oct 12th, 2003, 07:41 AM

Two aisle seats!!! I would NOT hold my breath on getting three seats across for lying down. Every flight I've taken recently has been packed to the gills, whether domestic or international. If you are on a 777, you might consider the aisle/window as it is a 2-5-2 configuration. I would NEVER want the middle seat, even on a flight of less than two hours.
Old Oct 14th, 2003, 04:44 AM
em
Original Poster

Just can't thank you enough for your responses to my question. We were able to book two aisle seats and will be taking those all important walks to keep our circulation healthy! We did not have the opportunity to travel when we were younger but are giving it our all at this time in life and enjoying every moment! Thank you!