Search

Patty help please

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3rd, 2005, 08:51 PM
bat
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Patty help please

OK, this is totally neurotic but only you can help.
On the KLM flight to JRO from Amsterdam, we have already discussed the front cabin. I was thinking I might like the privacy of 1AB (or HJ)--I know it is bulkhead but seatguru does not warn about limited space, and it means no one is in front of you to recline their seat. Seemed kind of cosy and private.
So, I called to book and the agent said that she could give me row one but that it would be "provisional" in case they needed to accommodate someone in a wheelchair. She would give it to me but with the caveat that I could be moved.

What do you think? Do you have a preference for row 1 or 2? I think it is unlikely that we would be moved but should I just take row 2? I would not want to be moved to the 2nd cabin.

Thanks.
Old Nov 3rd, 2005, 11:10 PM

I also think that it's unlikely you'll have to move, but if you want to be on the safe side, you can take row 2. The seat pitch is decent enough that I don't think you'll feel cramped with the seats in row 1 reclined. The only time this becomes a slight issue is when both seats in front are reclined and the person sitting in the aisle seat is completely reclined, then it can be a little tricky for the window person to get out. If you both want direct aisle access, you could go for the middle 2 seats rather than window and aisle. But again, I think the chances of you getting moved from row 1 in the first place are minimal.
Old Nov 4th, 2005, 12:07 PM
bat
Original Poster

Thanks Patty:
I am curious--which row do you prefer?
I have not been on this plane before--or at least not in business.

I called back and a different agent indicated that the provisional assignment may be a NWA issue not KLM--In fact he said that normally NWA would not assign the 1st row instead holding it in reserve for awhile. So he seemed somewhat surprised it could be assigned.

Normally I would not have given it much thought but we happened to get moved from our assigned seats this past weekend on a transcontinental flight for that very reason.
Old Nov 4th, 2005, 12:26 PM

We thought row 2 was fine and have seats in row 2 again for our return flight from JRO, but row 1 did appear to have slightly more room. Personally I'm fine with either. Of course, no advance seat assignment is 100% guaranteed.
Old Nov 4th, 2005, 05:32 PM
bat
Original Poster

thanks as always.