Reload this Page >

How do I change Elite seats on NWA?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1st, 2005, 04:12 PM
katybird

By a fluke my husband and I were assigned Elite seats. I could not change the seating on the internet. We were not seated together because I had to make individual reservations since I was using NW coupons.I called NWA and the rep told me Elite seats can not be changed once assigned. I can change them to standard seats but no changes within the Elite seats.
Is it REALLY impossible to change these seats?
What is so great about Elite seats that we should just keep them?We really don't mind not being up front if that is the only advantage.

Old Jun 1st, 2005, 06:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, if you're no NW or Skyteam elites, then you aren't supposed to get the elite seats. No NW agent will switch you to another elite seats if neither of you are qualified.

So, stick with what you have, or change to regular seatings.

If either of you are elite, then that shouldn't be a problem. Call the Worldperks desk and not the regular NWA reservations.
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 06:02 PM

Depends on the plane, you may have slightly more legroom and power ports in the seats up front. And you get off the plane quicker, which may be important.
Old Jun 2nd, 2005, 03:55 AM

There's nothing wrong with keeping those preferred seats. When you board just ask your neighbors if anyone will swap seats with you. I've never seen everyone refuse to do that. Simple solution.
Old Jun 2nd, 2005, 03:49 PM
katybird

The flight is almost 3 months away so I will watch the seating for awhile.
I guess the main reason I'd like to change my seat is I am next to the window. The aisle is taken and the middle is empty so far...not bad except it is a 5 hour flight and I probably will have to disturb my seat mate[s] about 4 times to get up to walk around. I'll rather disturb my husband! My husband is in an aisle seat with just one seat next to him which is empty right now. I'd love that seat!!!AND yes...he would change seats with me but he never likes a window seat for the same reason.

The rep also mentioned we could change seats when we check in without a problem if there was availability.

My goodness..talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth!!

Thanks for the input..always interesting to hear what people have to say.