Reload this Page >

mid range hotel beijing/xian/gulin

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27th, 2002, 04:26 AM
TA

Hi,<BR><BR>I'm visiting the about three destinations next month and decided to go independantly. There are a number of postings regarding the top range hotels but very little about mid range accomdation. So I was wondering if anyone could recommend some.<BR>Ideally the location needs to be centralish', safe, clean and around $40-80 per double.<BR>I also read in earlier postings that there are some wonderful guest houses in Guilin has anyone stayed in one ?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance<BR>TA

Old Sep 27th, 2002, 05:06 PM
Louis

I did a lot of research on mid-range hotels in Beijing.<BR><BR>First of all, Sept/Oct is their peak season charging what the traffic will bear.<BR><BR>My information is about 4-6 weeks old and they were for occupancy for this Oct.<BR><BR>Novetel Peace Hotel - Through Accor Reservation (US 800 number), a deluxe room for 2 in the east building was US$75 including 2 breakfasts, but 15% tax and service charge are extra. It is managed by a European company (Novotel).<BR><BR>New World Couryard (by Marriott) -Through &lt;ctrip.com&gt;, a std room for 2 was US$81 including tax, service charge and 1 breakfast.<BR><BR>Both hotels are within 1.5 to 2 miles of TianNaMen Sq and the Forbidden City. The former probably has a better location because it's just off the famous WangFuJing Rd.<BR><BR>Both hotels were favorably mentioned in Frommer's Beijing (2nd edition)

Old Sep 27th, 2002, 08:30 PM
lita

I stayed in Chong Wen men Hotel in Beijing 2 years ago, it is a 3 star hotel but clean and centrally located. By that time they charged RMB480 for standard double (approx. US60). The hotel has no website, but you may contact them by fax (86) 10 512 2122.<BR>

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 08:39 AM
hutchweb

we are going to china in a couple of weeks. I found the www.redhouse.com on the web and we have booked a double room for $50/ night. Cant recommend it yet but well see in a couple of weeks!

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 08:49 AM
orgy7

try this out <BR>http://www.cnhomestay.com/