Search

Massage in Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9th, 2010, 08:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Massage in Bangkok

Hello!
We´re going to Bangkok in 10 days and would like to have a massage.
Any place you could recommend us?? please.

Thanks...
Old Jan 9th, 2010, 08:52 AM

Almost any street. They are all over the place.
Old Jan 9th, 2010, 09:12 AM

Massage is one of my favorite things about Thailand. NFZ is correct, they are available everywhere, but the quality can really vary. I would be wary of the places that are on the street that have a number of people just hanging out up front waiting for customers. My experience is that they tend to give very vanilla massages as if they've been distracted from their prefered activity of talking.

We've had very good massages from the Wat Pho School of Massage. You can call them and they will come to your hotel and give you a massage there. It's the way to spend the least time on a massage.

There are some spas that are very good. they're more expensive, but the quality is very high.

In any case, get a two hour massage. the extra hour is well worth it. A great cure for the soreness of jet lag.

If you're going to a beach, there are generally women on the beach that will give massages. At some hotels, there is a massage place next door. They're not great, but it is a way to further relax. I get one every day.
Old Jan 9th, 2010, 09:33 AM

You'll be there ten days and only want one massage? Well, then, make it special.

I prefer spa settings for massages. Bangkok is full of spas, ranging from the very expensive (US/Europe prices) to the reasonable. One of my favorite spas is Face Spa. It's part of the Face bars complex. Look at www.facebars.com and click on Bangkok, you'll find a link to the spa menu.

The treatments at Face are very good. The setting is very atmospheric; the treatment rooms are little Thai teak houses.

If their email is working, you can make a reservation before you arrive. We often stop there our first morning in Bangkok (as well as another time or two).
Old Jan 10th, 2010, 12:49 AM

Just be prepared for the fact that some (most!) shop front places will provide (and positively encourage) 'extras'. As long as you realise that hands brushing your more intimate areas are not accidental.
Old Jan 10th, 2010, 01:38 AM

lol pprada - now you'll never go out for a massage!

Silverwool, do you mean to say that our esteemed Gpanda has been having his more intimate areas 'brushed' every time he's had a massage in BKK?

I think this puts his above advice in a whole different light.

I call for the banning of Gpanda. Horrible.
Old Jan 10th, 2010, 03:05 AM

Pprada-massage in Thailand is a wonderful thing. Please tell us your experiences after your return.

Banned by the Dogster? My standards must have sunk even below their normal low level. The light about which you wrote is low with some soft music in the background.
Old Jan 11th, 2010, 07:34 AM
Original Poster

Thank you!!

I forgot to mention I´m a woman and that I was looking more for something like a spa. For example the Face spa. I´ve been already with my husband and we loved it; but I was looking for another option like 1930 spa, has anyone been there?? or any other???

Thank you so much for your replies!! and your advices!!!
Old Jan 11th, 2010, 08:27 AM

I really like the Banyan Tree hotel spas in Bangkok as I find their treatments excellent and the treatment rooms perfect. Same price range as the Oriental Hotel and Penn spas.

There's Healthland, franchise mega spas, but Kathie has described it as a production line factory type of a spa. I find it OK if you just want a constant quality treatment and much cheaper than the hotel spas(750 Baht for 1.5 hours there vs 3,000 Baht at the hotels mentioned).

Last but not least there is the fantastic free Thai Airways first class lounge spa. Fantastic treatment rooms with top of the line amenities. Superb masseuses and treatment course and you can even sip free flowing champagne while having a massage or the post floral bath after. Note that you will need to fly first class on Thai Airways and you will need to make reservation ahead of time. For business class passengers they only offer a 20 minute foot or neck and shoulder massage.
Old Jan 11th, 2010, 09:16 AM
Original Poster

Kathie We´re only staying in Bangkok a complete day, and two days when we arrive and when leaving. So I think we might go either the face or the Banyan Tree (as we´re not flying Thai Airways).

Thanks,
Pilar