Massage & More In Chiang Mai

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21st, 2007, 08:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone reccomend spa and or massage places in Chiang Mai. I am there for 7 days and plan on having some sort of "treat"ment every day.

Food & out of the norm site/shopping recommendations are also much welcomed.

I have all the usual stuff scheduled, including a two day trip to the Golden Triangle, but still don't want to miss something someone else loved!
Old Oct 21st, 2007, 09:23 PM

I like the Oasis Spa in CM and have never been disappointed with the quality of the massages. They will pick you up from your hotel as well and their prices are quite "reasonable" when compared to the hotel's spa.

http://www.chiangmaioasis.com/En/home.html
Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 06:15 AM

I used the Oasis spa as well. It was really lovely. I was suprised to find it was more expensive than my favorite place in Bangkok. Do make sure to pick up coupons for 10% off in the airport for Oasis spa. We also tried Legends spa which we liked as well. The two places are very different from each other. More details are in my Pennang, Chiang Mai, Bangkok Trip report from November, 2006.
Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 07:10 PM

Another vote for Oasis Spa.
Old Oct 25th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone---good recommendations...any other sites or shops that I just have to see?

I have list of restaurants from Kristina, so I am good on food, but how about some restaurants near Baan Orapin?
Old Oct 28th, 2007, 01:43 PM

Here's a vote for At Ease Massage and Spa in Chaing Mai (tel. 053-222-104). They have a variety of treatments and also do hotel pick up. I can honestly say it was the best massage I had during my trip to Thailand last summer.

Have a great trip.
Old Oct 28th, 2007, 04:07 PM

One of the best restaurants in Chiang Mai, (as well as one of the best shopping streets it's located on-Charoenraj) is THE GALLERY, with a lovely back patio that looks out on the Ping River, and is my favorite in town. Hillary Clinton came here in the late 90's, and you'll see her photo on the walls inside this old Lanna house, filled with Thai antiques and paintings for sale. I had a lovely fresh grilled red snapper like fish, and there is live Thai music at dinner as well. A romantic spot, just down the road from Baan Orapin.

Right next to it is the RIVERSIDE restaurant, more casual, burgers and beer place, and live music-jazz, blues, etc.-a fun place. Across the street there is a cafe like restaurant that has lovely Thai home design items for sale, as well as the very nice and upscale Sop Moei textiles and Thai furnishings store-I have a very nice Thai silk table runner from there. Here is the website:

http://www.sopmoeiarts.com/html/productgallery.html

You will love Baan Orapin-looking at their website, I see they have put in a pool! I remember Aruchana asking my opinion about that in early 2006 when I was there, and I said a pool wasn't that important to me personally, but maybe a nice spa/jacuzzi would be quite nice-apparently, they opted for the pool!

I wish I could go back and spend like 3 months there in one of the suites-it's just the best, and lovely owners.
Old Nov 3rd, 2007, 11:00 PM
Original Poster

Big thanks to everyone who answered this post and others...I have taken all the reccos and put them into a travel book.

Kristina has posted the first page of this trip on her website, so I guess it's an offcial trip now. Almost time to go ...25 days!

I will be blogging for the first time on this trip-along with other first time things, so much to look forward to.