Search

Spas in BKK , Chiang Mai

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spas in BKK , Chiang Mai

Aloha,

Thanks to everyone who has been so generous with suggestions for upcoming trip to Thailand,Laos,Vietnam. Leave in 13 days!! I have traveled in Asia multiple times,but my GF has never really traveled I am more excited for her excitment and oppurtunity to see the world than about the trip itself!

We really want to go to a couple of nice spas in BKK and Chiang Mai. We don't have an endless budget so looking for nice but not crazy expensive. any suggestions greatly appreciated. I will post trip report upon return so as not to only take information.

Mahalo (thank you)
Old Aug 27th, 2007, 06:51 PM

In Bangkok, we love Face. Take a look at www.facebars.com and click on Bangkok. You'll find the link to the spa menu. It's a very small place, it can take just two couples at a time. Prices are good, and the experience is lovely.

In Chiang Mai, we tried Oasis (more expensive than Face) which was very nice and Legendswhich was nice as well. If you opt to go to Oasis, make sure you pick up a coupon at the airport.
Old Aug 27th, 2007, 07:03 PM

face came to my mind immediately....perfect...

do a search on this board as there have been many suggestions in the past....hotel spas, while lovely, tend to be very expensive...

there are many to choose from in both bkk and CM.....there is one special one in CM that many have written about this year but they will have to supply the name to you...
Old Aug 27th, 2007, 09:33 PM

My favourites are The Banyan Tree and the Oriental's.
Old Aug 28th, 2007, 01:49 AM

All the above are the pricier options. A good reasonably priced spa is Let's Relax, which has branches in Bangkok and Chiang Mai. You can check their web site at http://www.bloomingspa.com/about.html

The Bangkok locations are a bit out of the way, but I think they'll arrange to pick you up if you reserve in advance.
Old Aug 28th, 2007, 06:45 AM

The Banyan Tree and the Oriental are quite pricy. We usually do the 2 hour Rejeuvenation package at Face, for 2500 baht. I see the price for a somewhat similar package at Let's Relax is 1800 baht. One of the things I really like about Face is that the spa rooms are two small antique teak buildings - very atmospheric. If anyone tries out Let's Relax, give us a report. Michael, have you tried it?
Old Aug 28th, 2007, 07:01 AM
TC

Good descriptions of Thai spas from Smart Travel Asia magazine:
http://www.smarttravelasia.com/thaispas.htm

Has anyone used either of the following in Bangkok?

Siri Giriya Spa:
http://www.sirigiriyaspa.com/index.html

Oasis Spa:
http://www.bangkokoasis.com/En/about.html
Old Aug 28th, 2007, 07:41 AM

I've been to the Oasis Spa in Chaing Mai. It was very nice.

I didn't find the magazine listing very helpful... Basically, it's an advertising piece.
Old Aug 28th, 2007, 08:02 AM

We went to Healthland in Bangkok, they have several locations around town . . . very nice, very professional.

A 2-hr massage is 450 ($13.63) . . . they have a website:

www.healthlandspa.com

Hope this helps,
Sandy (in Denton)
Old Aug 28th, 2007, 08:49 AM

Note that the two hour massage mentioned above is a two-hour Thai massage. Other types of massage are more - 1.5 hour aromatherapy massage is 850 baht. Sandy, does it have a "spa" atmosphere, or is it more basic like many of the Thai massage places in town?

mello, it occurs to me to warn you and your girlfriend that Thai massage is unlike any other kind of massge. if you have a bad back, it is not for you. Lots of stretching and pushing. Some people love it, for others it is excruiating.
Old Aug 28th, 2007, 11:38 AM

I'm not a huge fan of spas -- have ultra sensitive skin so usually break out from whatever they use. But I loved Oasis spa. They really listened to my "issues" and responded appropriately. Result was not only did I have massages but had a facial that actually left my skin feeling fabulous rather than turning it bright red and itchy.
Old Aug 28th, 2007, 04:55 PM

I forgot about Healthland. They are very nice. They have a big new location on Ekamai.

I've been to Let's Relax a couple of times for a foot massage. I take visitors there a lot (the Thai I work for is a VIP member) and everyone reports a good experience.
Old Aug 28th, 2007, 06:02 PM

Thanks, Michael.
Old Aug 29th, 2007, 08:51 AM

We went to the Lullaby spa in the LH (or is it LF?) building. It cost us about $15 each for a one hour Thai massage and a 30 minute foot massage. It is a pretty swanky spa, but good prices.
Old Aug 29th, 2007, 11:11 AM

Kathie,

Yes, very nice atmosphere at Healthland, the reception personnel are dressed in nice suits, the lobby is filled with huge arrangements of flowers, the massage people are all in uniforms and will do whatever kind of massage you want . . . not sexual, but hard, soft, easy, deep muscle, you tell them and they will do it like you want. The place looked like a Hollywood spa and was filled with mostly locals. This is not a sweaty, fly-by-night massage place.

Sandy (in Denton)
Old Aug 29th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to all for the information. in reviewing it all found out we are staying down the street from Let's Relax so will defintley give it a try.
Also want to go to Healthland if logistically works out.
Do you know if healthland is close to subway or skyway systems. I tried to figure out but must admit confusing.
Old Aug 29th, 2007, 01:39 PM

Thanks for the info, Sandy
Old Aug 29th, 2007, 03:52 PM

Melloinmaui,

We went to the one at 120 N. Sathorn Rd. We took at taxi there (because we were at the Royal Palace) but took the skytrain when we left. It was a couple of blocks away but don't remember the exact stop.

Sandy (in Denton)
Old Aug 30th, 2007, 04:57 AM

The website for the Healthlansd spa has been down for several days now.

After much research it appears that Lullaby offers the best deals on spa treaments.
Old Aug 30th, 2007, 05:33 AM

Bill, have you been to Lullaby? Anyone else?

As far as I'm concerned lowest price isn't necessarily the best deal, nor is the highest price the best spa treatment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -