Reload this Page >

Malaysia Airlines ... any comments???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 07:36 AM
annie

i will be flying to KL in couple of days and i would like to have some opinions/first hand experiences on this airline - amenities, entertainment, food (most important!!) etc etc<BR><BR>thank you<BR>annie<BR>

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 08:49 AM
fiona

take sandwiches!!!!The worst food I've ever had was on a flight with Malaysia airlines!!It wasn't a long haul flight though( flight from Singapore to Penang)

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 09:41 AM
Kathie

I had a wonderful experience on Malaysian Air. Of course, part of that was due to being in first class... on a 40 minute flight they served Dom Perginon and serve a hot duck entree.

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 04:57 PM
wayne

I always fly Malaysia or Singapore airlines. Altho the girls and video selection on SIA are better, the food on Malaysia is much better! I'm talking about long haul of course to London, To Paris, To LA. And SIA is the best airline in the world.

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 11:51 PM
Carrie

I have flown from London to Sydney a few times with Malaysian Airlines and I always have nice flights. The food was above average and the in-flight entertainments were better than most airlines. My only complaint is that the flights seemed to be full the few times I flew with them and oh! full of babies!!<BR><BR>

Old Nov 7th, 2004, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a dilema. My friends and I are planning a 2 week trip to Bangkok and a small Thai island in end of April, first week in May and we're allready agonizing about the airlines. We have a choice of either business class Malaysian with a crazy NY to LA to Kuala Lumpur overnight to finally Bangkok. Return just as bad with stayover LA, or First class Korean from NY to quick fueling stop in Seoul to Bkk. This way we would pick up an extra day in Bkk. I guess I have just answered my own question, but I would still love to hear from anyone who has an opinion. Also who has the cheapest and most reliable service to Phuket from Bkk?
Old Nov 7th, 2004, 05:40 PM

i guess i don't see the delema (sp)?? you fly first class and you pick up an extra day of vacation...what's the question??
Old Nov 7th, 2004, 07:24 PM

Dear didbobi,

Korean air is not good..even in first class...I would take Malaysian anyday.
The day you may save will not make a huge difference it's a long haul either way.
Old Feb 9th, 2005, 10:07 PM

We will be flying Malaysian airlines from Manchester to KL in March.
Has anyone got any tips as to which seats are preferable in economy?
I believe you can book specific seats in advance and I know that on a long haul flight the seat you choose can be crucial to having a good flight.
Your comments would be appreciated
Thanks
CM
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 12:24 AM

CM-check www.seatguru.com-to see if MAS aircraft configuration is listed-also, for commentary on MAS flights, in terms of pax service, etc. see www.airlinequality.com/

For what it's worth, CM, most of MAS corporate HQ people are British-it's a very by the books airline...
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 12:36 AM

I've used Malaysian a lot, the service in Economy is nice, you've got quite a long flight. Check with you agent if it's still a 747-400 because I think they were going to change to 777's on the route. You will have your own seatback TV and the entertainment is good. if it's the 747-400 the seating is 3 x 4 x 3, towards the back as the aircraft narrows there are some seats in pairs though they are near the toilets. If its a 777 then it is 3 x 3 x 3. You need to check the aircraft type first.
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 03:53 PM

Does anyone have any inside G2 on when the first class suites will be on the LAX/KUL flights? We are heading to Bali, KL, and Singapore in 2 weeks and are hoping.....!
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 05:24 PM

MH11/12 shows 747-400 for March. Seatexpert.com has seating plan for this plane, but I don't know if there is more than one configuration or not.
Old Feb 11th, 2005, 03:53 AM

just flew malaysian london to KL. service was good as was the food (very good for econ food). no complaints.

the entertainment was passable but not great (poor sound quality, ok movie selection, forget the games and music - did not work well).

space in economy was as expected. i was in the very last row in the middle section aisle seat) which was great as there was nobody next to me (across from the emergency door). however, the people standing over you waiting for the toilet or just stretching in this area can be a little unnerving -but maybe that's just me.
Old Feb 11th, 2005, 02:09 PM

rkkwan, unfortunately, seatexpert is showing the &quot;old&quot; configuration. I did learn, however, that we are in green seats at least!
Old Feb 13th, 2005, 03:53 AM

dear
Spygirl : thanks for the site info I'll try those. Seatexpert didnt allow me to enlarge further down than row 30 but maybe the site wasnt working properly on the day I went in, so your new suggestions may be just the thing.
James A ; Ive been told by Malaysia airlines it will be a 747, but there arnet any 'pair 'seats available any suggestions for the others?
Walkinaround : Which seat numbers did you have and did you manage to get any sleep where you were seated?
Thanks to all of you for your help and to Annie for making the post in the first place.
CM
Old Feb 15th, 2005, 11:42 AM

Not to scare, but my husband got salmonila poisoning last time he flew Malaysia Air. After several visits to the emergency room, they determined (based on incubation period) that it came from his airline meal. I wrote to the airline, but they never responded. Other than that, he likes the airline. Just be concientious.
Old Feb 15th, 2005, 11:58 AM

I've flown Malaysian Air between Bangkok and Singapore and had no problems with it at all...thought it was quite pleasant. As for Korean Air...I haven't heard the best of that airline and cancelled a free frequent flyer ticket with them to Bangkok. I was to fly L.A. to Seoul to Bangkok, but the layover in Seoul on that route is horrendous...I think it was about 6 hours or more. So, I take either United or Thai air. Happy Travels!
Old Feb 16th, 2005, 01:11 PM

thanks for the warning Monkeyrhino.
Airline food is never the greatest at the best of times, we'll just have to avoid anything too risky like seafood or pork dishes. I never feel much like eating on flights anyway, something to do with the cabin pressure.
Could always take a 'packed lunch' I suppose.
Has anyone else had problems with Malaysia airlines food? It is very bad that they didnt even reply to your complaint, did you try the health department?
CM
Old Feb 17th, 2005, 12:17 AM

my seat was C32.

i would not worry about the food and i would not take sandwiches. such poisoning can take place anywhere and it is difficult to determine the source unless their have been multiple cases that can be traced back to one source.

BTW, it is unlikely that you will see pork on the airline menu as malaysian airlines is the state airline of an islamic nation!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -