Maison Souvannaphoum Luang Prabang

Old May 5th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maison Souvannaphoum Luang Prabang

I know several of you have stayed here. I can't seem to find their direct website; do they have one?

I'm torn between it and the La Résidence Phou Vao, which I think is out of town.

I'm leaning toward the Maison but I want to be able to make sure I have the right kind of room and would like to contact them directly.

If you have infomamtion about either of these, I'd also like to know about he comfort of the beds.

Thanks
Old May 5th, 2006, 07:22 PM

http://www.coloursofangsana.com/souvannaphoum/index.htm
is their website.
Old May 5th, 2006, 07:24 PM

I had wanted to stay at the Maison S. several years ago when we went to LP. However, they were fully booked more than 6 months in advance. Instead, we stayed at the Phou Vao. It is right outisde of town (as opposed to the Villa Santi resort and La Grande, which are WAY outside of town).

The Phou Vao was really lovely. The beds were very comfortable. The rooms were quite large with hardwood floors, a big bathroom, and a large balcony. They also have a lovely pool with an infinity edge, overlooking LP and Mt Phousi. The food was excellent, and I thought the Lao food there was the best we had in LP. When we return to LP, I expect we will stay at the Phou Vao again.
Old May 6th, 2006, 02:43 AM

We went to the Phou Vao for dinner one night. Although the food was excellent, we thought it was rather isolated from the town. The MS is right in town so everything is within walking distance, including the monk procession in the early AM.
Old May 6th, 2006, 07:30 AM
CFW

We really enjoyed Maison S. Had a quiet room on the second floor in the corner with a lovely terrace overlooking the pool. It was 202 I think. I don't know about the suites, but our room and bathroom were small though comfortable with comfortable king bed. We loved the convenience of being in town and would definately stay there again. The 3 Nagas restaurant was delicious. Try the grilled marinated buffalo steak or grilled lemongrass checken as well as other Lao specialties, including an eggplant dish that was fabulous. Luang Prabang was one of our favorite places.
Old May 6th, 2006, 08:03 AM

Rob and Carole - we look forward to seeing you at the CT GTG in a couple of weeks.
Old May 6th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Original Poster

Kim J thanks for the website. Don't know why I couldn't find it.

Now I'm really torn. I usually like being right "in it" but something about being out of town a bit somehow appeals this time. They both look great.

Gonna have to flip a coin.
Old May 6th, 2006, 02:00 PM
CFW

Offwego, We often like being a bit "away from it all" in places likes Bangkok where we enjoyed being at the Marriott on the river, but LP is such a small quiet place that we liked being "in it." Having said that Residence Phou Vao may be a bit more luxurious -- don't know because we didn't see it.
Old May 6th, 2006, 02:01 PM
CFW

Craig, we look forward to meeting you too. Have been following your various trip reports.
Old May 6th, 2006, 06:49 PM
ccc

We absolutely loved the Phou Vao. It had a very luxurious feel - a bit Aman-like. Being outside of town was really no big deal as it was only 4 or 5 minutes and transportation was easy. If we go back (which we're thinking about doing this summer) we'll definitely stay there again.