Langkawi - Casa Del Mar

Search

Langkawi - Casa Del Mar

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27th, 2005, 06:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Langkawi - Casa Del Mar

Has anybody stayed at this resort. We are either looking at staying at the Sheraton Langkawi or the Casa Del Mar. Can anybody also tell me if there are sandflies in Langkawi. We recently stayed at the Shangri La's Rasa Ria Resort in Kota Kinabalu, and got eaten alive.
Old Dec 27th, 2005, 06:40 PM

most beaches everywhere will had sand fleas from time to time...

the sheraton is very nice but huge...there are two...we stayed at the one out past the airport
Old Dec 28th, 2005, 03:36 AM

hi there - we stayed at the Casa Del Mar in September and it was excellent. Staff were all very friendly and facilities were excellent. Location is good for Langkawi (it is very small and some hotels are very remote with no surrounding facilities and you would almost be stuck to your own hotel).

We hired a car for a day for less than 10 pounds (British &poundand did the entire island.

CDM even sent us a hand written postcard which was waiting for us on our return from the holiday - nice touch.

If you get time, try and visit Penang too - very cheap flights and AMAZING food. KL is excellent too.

Have a ball - we LOVED our trip and I am sure you will too.

Marie
x

Old Dec 28th, 2005, 03:36 AM

The ones I have stayed are the Sheraton on the beach ( not the one in Kuah ) and the Pelangi resort which I though was excellent, right on the beach, huge rooms. For cheaper I like the Langkawi Holiday Village, this of course not to the standard of the others but laid back friendly service and nice beach, rooms around garden and trees, but for a classier place I realy like the Pelangi.
Old Dec 28th, 2005, 03:08 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everybody, it's going to be a tough decision, both the Pelangi and the Casa Del Mar sound great. We do want to go to Penang as well, does anybody have any hotel recommendations for Penang? What would the weather be like in mid March?