KuDeTa or other rest on top MBS?

Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 08:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KuDeTa or other rest on top MBS?

Husband and I will have 30 hours in Singapore and want to spend our last night of our 3 week SE Asia trip on top of the Marina Bay Sands at sunset. I understand a $20 ticket gets you up to the Skypark, but:

1) is the "observation deck" something DIFFERENT than the Skypark? Does it require an additional fee?

2) Can we have a drink at KuDeTa or any other bar/restaurant up top? Can we make a reservation for drinks only? If so, do we also need to pay $20 for entrance to the skypark?

Thanks for the tips! The website is a little difficult to figure out!

Stephanie
Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 08:01 AM

If you go to KDT before 3 you do not have to pay the $20 fee. You do not need a reservation. You could eat at Sky on 57 , which has amazing views , good food and so so service ( although it may well have mproved since I was last there) you would need to boom in advance.

Another fab rooftop bar is the lantern bar on top of the Fullerton BAY hotel ( don't confuse with the Fullerton hotel) you will need to pre book.
Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 09:08 AM

Good advice from Smeagol (about going early)...however, if you go to KDT at night, it's the same price essentially as going to the observation deck -- and arguably a bit more relaxing. Instead of paying an admission fee, there's a required one drink purchase at KDT per person. It'll be the most expensive, watered-down "drink" you'll ever have the pleasure of imbibing, but the view (I think) is better from the KDT lounge and the atmosphere is a lot more inviting than the OD.
Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 11:00 AM

OMG my typos of course that should say you would need to BOOK in advance.....
Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 11:13 PM
Original Poster

So is the "observation deck" the same or different than the "Skypark?"

If we go for an overpriced drink at KDT, does that get us admittance to the Skypark and/or Observation Deck too?

Unfortunately going there before 3:00 isn't an option.

Sorry...still confused, and thanks for the info!

Stephanie
Old Jun 4th, 2013, 01:34 PM

If you go for a drink at KDT you can then get to the observation deck for no charge. ( keep your receipt)
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 04:45 AM

You can get a $25 drink at KDA or you can get a $18 beer at Sky Bar on the other side. You cannot go to the observation deck from there; it is separate. But you can get a great view from either bar plus a drink.

Another option is to go to Raffles One which has a much higher and much larger rooftop bar. This costs $25 to go up, which includes one drink.