Krabi Area Resorts...Info Overload!!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10th, 2003, 10:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be in the karbi area from dec 28 to jan 1st and I'm not sure where to stay. I've read all the threads and sites, but there seems to be too much information and nothing jumps out at me. I'm looking for something below 4000 bt on a beach in either Phiphi, aonang, Railay, or lanta. I would like quality service and amenities, and access to day trips. Please give me some direction, there are just to many options.
Thanks.
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 07:57 PM

you better hurry up...thats prime time and lots of things are gone already and prices will be high....

ask for help from jamesA
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 09:26 PM

As said by rhkkmk you need to book fast! Those nights are absolutely the peak of the whole year!
Ok this is what you need to do, try this site (or other of your choice ), on this particular site you can click to sort hotels by price, you will then see all those in your price range. You can then click on 'reviews' to see comments from recent visitors, then I would choose 3 or 4 suitable and put in a booking for all of them and hope one comes up as available.
There is little point posting preferences as I guess you have searched this Forum and have seem suggestions. The vital thing is to get booked quick, and also ensure you have flights booked too. Bangkok Airways launches 2 x daily BKK-Krabi flights from 01 November and as these flights are not as well known as Thai Airways flights you probably have a good chance to get seats.
If you are in the US Bangkok Airways in NYC can be found Yellow Pages etc and they will sort your booking, or you can do online.
By the nature of things popular known places will no doubt be full already, I would go for those within your range, you don't need any c/card info to request the information, if they have available they will get back to you, they are local so they have direct contact with earch property, good luck.

http://www.res24.net/huahin.20m.com/krabi/hotels/

or for pics and ideas

http://www.freewebs.com/koh_samui_hotels/krabi.htm

JamesA
Old Oct 13th, 2003, 06:10 AM

Hi

My wife and I went to Thailand last year on vacation and we went to the Krabi area. We stayed at the Golden Beach hotel at Ao Nang and we had a nice bungalow. From the beach you can take boats to other beaches in the area and at the hotel you can also arrange to hire a car or go on day trips. I have posted a long trip report with pictures from our trip to Thailand on my homepage www.gardkarlsen.com Maybe you can find some useful information there. Have a great trip

Regards
Gard
Stavanger, Norway
Old Oct 14th, 2003, 01:59 PM
Original Poster

Great thanks, I have put a couple requets in.