Notices

18 day holiday in October :o)

Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 04:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
18 day holiday in October :o)

Hi,
Myself and three friends aged 24-27 are flying out to Bangkok on 28th september with Qatar Airways. So far we haven't planned much more than staying in Bangkok for a few days and going to the Full Moon party on October 7th.Including accommodation we're planning to spend £600-800 (42000-56000Baht) while we're out there each.

Since none of us have travelled to Thailand before, I have the following questions:

- where would you recommend staying in Bangkok for 3 nights considering that we want to go to where the nightlife is?

- In the daytime where else should we visit other than the Grand Palace in Bangkok?

- Which beach resort and hotel should we stay at considering that we want it to be lively?

- Does anyone have any advice or tips with regard to the full moon party (one of my friends really wants to go), is it any good?

- Where is a good place to go Scuba diving?

Quite a few questions there, any advice will be much appreciated!

Thanks
Grant
Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 06:51 AM

There is a LOT of info on Bangkok/Thailand in this forum. We get these questions daily. If you type in,"Bangkok" in the search box, you can start by reading some of the comments which will answer many of your questions. Plus, just type in other topics and they will pop up. Happy Travels!
Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 10:03 AM

tell us how much you want to spend on the hotel...prices are $10 to 500 per nite
Old Aug 24th, 2006, 11:19 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice on reading the previous threads. Loosely based on what I've learned, we're planning to stay in the Majestic Grande Sukhomvit for 3 nights at 3000B/night. We'll be visiting the Grand Palace and a couple of other places while we're there but for Friday night we want to goto Khaosan Rd and on Saturday night to Bed Superclub or somewhere similar. Any suggestions for a better located/quality hotel at a similar price?

On the Monday we will fly to Koh Samui and possibly stay at the Ark Bar Garden Beach Resort on Chaweng beach until Thurs or Fri when we will travel to Koh Phangan for the Full Moon Party on the 7th(Sat). One of my friends will then have to make his way back to Bangkok airport for his flight on the 9th at 0855, will this be difficult for him notwithstanding hangovers? Any tips on where to stay on Koh Phangan during a fool moon party?

From the 9th onwards will probably depend on what we enjoyed from where we have been so far and where its good to go Scuba diving.

One of my friends is adamant that after the first couple of nights that we book while we are here, we should just turn up at hotels and see what prices they have to offer. Personally I'd rather book things over the internet, is there any savings to be had when just arriving at a hotels door?

Also, will we save much by booking our flights now from Bangkok to Koh samui compared to leaving it until we are in Bangkok, in case we want to stay there an extra day?

Thanks for any help!
Grant
Old Aug 24th, 2006, 05:08 PM

KPG gets full over the Full moon time and many places require a certain minimum number of nights stay, you would be very lucky finding accommodation arriving without an advanced booking !
Old Aug 24th, 2006, 05:23 PM

Also, the plane tickets to Samui are expensive, as there is only on airline and it owns the airport (Bangkok Air)!