Search

Krabi

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Krabi

We will be staying at the Sheraton in Krabi for 4 nights in November. Aside from snorkling/kayaking, are there any activities we should not miss while there? It looks like there are the Emerald Pools, the Tiger Cave Temple, anything else?

Also, restaurant recommendations would be great. Thanks as always!
Old Oct 14th, 2010, 05:42 PM

The Emerald Pool and Tiger Cave Temple are interesting. You can swim in the pool... I'm not a swimmer so I did not get in the water. If you swim, give yourself time! Watch out for the monkeys at the tiger cave. They like to try to grab things, such as your camera or can of soda!

I would consider taking a sidecar taxi 'up' into the town for the local market. The ride (in early evening) is really nice. The air is cooler at the higher elevation.

We ate pretty basic. I'm not sure if I wrote down any restaurant names. I stayed in Ao Nang 'town' (beach) so there were shopping/dining options right outside the door of our hotel. I like being in the middle of the activity rather than in a more isolated place, away from the little shops.
Old Oct 14th, 2010, 05:49 PM

I really liked the hot waterfall and the emerald pool, but that may depend on you. The tour of Phang Nga bay is also a 'not to be missed' trip, if you haven't done it yet.
Old Oct 15th, 2010, 04:44 AM

There is a good thai restaurant directly across the road from the entrance to the Sheraton. The chili fish is superb. We had a beauriful dinner at the Amari Vogue, which is further out than the Sheraton. We loved the Sheraton. Let us know how you find it.
Old Oct 15th, 2010, 05:56 AM

the hi-light of our most recent stay at the sheraton was when we hired a boat and driver and spent most of the day going out to the islands in the bay.....our driver was fantastic....his wife is western so e mail communication was very easy...

contact info: [email protected]

www.andamancampandcruise.com

elizabeth is his aussie wife....his name is sunny. it was 5500 B for the boat for the day and included a simple lunch.....i think we had to pay 200 B extra each for entrance to the national park....this was a fantastic day and one of our best ever days....it is an expensive day but worth every cent, ioo

if the surf is not bad he will pick you up at the beach at the sheraton and return you there.... we had the boat from 9-4...
Old Oct 15th, 2010, 06:09 AM

The restatuarnt across is called The Terrace...Excellent food and very cheap. There is an Indian Place next door which was OK , but almost as pricey as the hotel it's self. Do make an effort to go to the Amari Vogue, which is about 10 min further out, but an outstanding view and again VEry good food. Go before sunset so you can enjoy a drink. The Amari is in a unique setting.

In Ao Nang the Blue Mango is good. Worth spending a few hours late afternoon, and staying in for dinner. The hotel has a shuttle into town. Taxi home is not bad if you don't use the return shuttle. Have fun.
Old Oct 15th, 2010, 11:48 AM

Not to mention that the set up of pool and beach separated by grass and some shade at the Sheraton is perfect.
Old Oct 17th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much, can't wait to get there!