Koh Samui in May...

Search

Koh Samui in May...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 04:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Koh Samui in May...

The gorgeous husband and myself have approved leave in May and were planning to go to Thailand. At this stage we're still hoping to go. Just thought we'd hold off a couple of weeks to monitor the situation. (Is this a good idea or overkill?)

We're probably going to book the Pathumwan Princess for Bangkok but was hoping for some Koh Samui help. My dream is a pool villa with a great view not on Chaweng, not more than AUD$400 a night in a small village or with a village close by. We're interested in the Bandara on Bophut but there's no view.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a property that would suit my preferences please? Or equally, something fantastic that might break one or two of my 'rules'!

Thanks!
Casey.
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 05:22 PM

casey look at the peace resort in a beach front only bungalow....no plunge pool but a nice newish pool overlooking the ocean and a 5 minute walk to bophut...
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 05:33 PM

The Evason Hideaway is the only I can think of that fits your bill, but it's more than $400 a night (though it might be cheaper in May).

You might have a look at Tongson Villas, which might fit your needs, but as there are only three rooms, I'd book it asap.

The Renaissance also has pool villas, but they might be out of your price range as well.
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 07:26 PM

Have you thought about renting a private holiday home/villa. There are heaps available in Samui, try this one for starters...http://www.samuiholidayhomes.com/Villa-Plumeria.htm
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 07:35 PM

There was a trip report a few years ago from a group of 4 girls that stayed here... http://www.samuiholidayhomes.com/Sandalwood-Villas.htm
It looks absolutely gorgeous and the views are to die for. I cant remember the name of the person who did the report, but someone else here may remember. She gave it a glowing report and she provided a link to her own photo's of her stay. If I remember any more details I will let you know.
Old Dec 4th, 2008, 03:37 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your help!

Michael - those resorts are just stunning! But you're right, they're out of my price range.

Shane - Love the idea of those villas but for this trip we're looking for something a little less 'remote'. It's a great idea for a family or families travelling together though. Bookmarking!

I think we're going to stick with Bandara. There doesn't seem to be any mention of it on the forum (or not that I can find) but it rates fairly highly on trip advisor.