Kathie from Seattle: Lilly says hi

Apr 12th, 2009, 12:57 AM
Mo
Original Poster

Kathie from Seattle: Lilly says hi

Kathie obviously I went to your favorite jewelers in Bangkok and met Lilly. What a nice and patient person she is. When I wrote to her asking if she could send someone to pick me up at my hotel I could swear I mentioned your name. I must have omitted it because when I brought your name up after I was there Lilly's face dropped and in an excited tone says your Kathie's friend she is one of my best friends. When any one passed us she would say remember Kathie? She was sent by kathie. Thanks a lot for the recommendation.
Apr 12th, 2009, 11:09 AM

Another Lilyite is born!

So, Mo, tell us what you bought!
Apr 13th, 2009, 12:10 PM

Icuy I knew what I wanted would have to be made so you think I would have gone within days of my arrival. No I waited till the day before I had to leave. Picture in hand to show them what I was interested in of course they didn't have it. Were willing to make it for me and send it to me but instead I went with a bracelet that was similiar to the one I wanted only in silver instead of gold. Great price and the price SJ international quoted me for the piece they were going to make me was considerably less than what I would pay in the US. I told Lily that the next time I came she would be my first stop.
Apr 13th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Mo
Original Poster

Icuy I just realized that I was replying to you signed in under my frineds name marieb forgetting I was using her computer. So it is me who purchased the bracelot not marieb. Sorry for the confusion. Are you a Lily fan yourself. She is a very patient person I might add.
Apr 13th, 2009, 01:57 PM

I am a huge fan of Lily!

The first time we arrived, it was me, my husband and two daughters. She patiently showed us thousands of items, including expensive Christmas presents for each of us, as well as very cheap silver jewellry for all the duaghters's friends. Not only did we get great prices, but they sized and packaged everything, and successfully delivered my husbands surprise gift for me to our hotel later.

I've gone back many times since then; enough that non-Fodor friends go there and get discounts by saying "Lucy from Hawaii sent me"!
Apr 13th, 2009, 02:27 PM

For some reason, my replies to this post don't show.
Apr 13th, 2009, 02:29 PM

Maybe now it's working.

Thanks for conveying Lily's hello. I'm delighted that you had such a great experience there.