Julie Taxi

Dec 1st, 2005, 08:20 AM
Original Poster

Julie Taxi

One of the things I'll want to do is go back to prasart. If Ratt won't return (a long story) could I call Julie Taxi with short notice -- like 24 hours? Or do you need to book her far in advance. Also could someone send me her contact information? Thanks
Dec 1st, 2005, 08:37 AM

I just got back from Thailand, actually last night at 11 pm>

I had an interesting situation with Julie Taxi. She got someone to pick me up at the aiport for 600 baht. The driver was nice but barely spoke English. Tipped the drive 60 Baht. Made arrangements with him to pick me up at the hotel at 6 AM to take me to to floating market. Waited around until 7 AM and after many unanswered calls to Julie Taxi I gave up. Sent Julie Taxi an e-mail about my situation and she never e-mailed me. There goes Julie Taxi for me.
Dec 1st, 2005, 09:13 AM

I returned yesterday from BKK and used Julie, for the second time. Very, very prompt and reliable. We actually had a discussion about how she prefers to book on only a couple of days notice, so I would definitely try her. Email is not the best way to contact her - - she did not reply to my second one but it didn't concern me. I called when we arrived in BKK and everything was fine. She did an outstanding job.
Dec 1st, 2005, 09:59 AM
Original Poster

what's her phone number. I may just have one of Ratt's other drivers do it but I'd like to bring it just in case.
Dec 1st, 2005, 10:03 AM

gloria you could also call the guy i used....i will dig out his card tonight and give you his e-mail...no i have it here....next post
Dec 1st, 2005, 10:08 AM

gloria his name is somphet gunthon...

he drives the same car as ratt only newer...

[email protected]

i have his cell: 0-6040-9893

about 250 B per hour in town

nice young guy...good driver....he took us to prasart....

tell him you are a friend....

best to call in advance, at least a few days
Dec 1st, 2005, 10:26 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Bob. I won't know when I want to go until I get there. I never like to plan my bangkok time in advance because I like to have as much flexibility as possible. There are usually things connected with the hotel that I like to do -- parties, tea or drinks with staff etc as well as getting together with the people at Cotton House. And since spending time with people is always more important than seeing a temple I like to get that scheduled first.

And if the pool area has gotten nicer ann will want to do that (I won't) -- although she can do that while I'm having clothes made. She makes me look like a major shopper.
Dec 1st, 2005, 12:16 PM

Gloria,
I was wondering, too, whether Ratt would be willing to take us to the Prasart museum.
( I saw the previous post about why she doesn't like to go there.)

We've hired her for 2 days, and wanted to go there if we have enough time and can get a reservation. The days that we've hired her are the only times we could go, so I'm hoping she's willing to take us there.
Dec 2nd, 2005, 06:25 AM

Gloria used the guy that BOB is talking about. After be stood up by Julie Taxie and Ratt being unavailable we eneded up calling him. He showed up at the Marriott the next day, and took us to the floating market. He is a nice young guy. His english is pretty good. Bob, by the way he says Hi. Told him I got the contact info from you. I would highly recommend him if you are looking for a driver. Gloria, tell him that Mr. David says hi !!!
Dec 2nd, 2005, 06:37 AM

actually he just sent me a message today that said he has moved his waiting place from the marriott to the peninsula hotel....
Dec 2nd, 2005, 06:39 AM

That's right but he will pick you up at the Marriott
Dec 2nd, 2005, 09:45 AM

or pick you up from anyplace for that matter
Dec 2nd, 2005, 11:01 AM

Gloria, I'm just back - still very jetlagged, so I'm not going to post much. I used Julie Taxi to go to the Prasart. Emma is the driver I used. I was able to arrange it just two days in advance by calling Julie's cell number (I think it's listed on her website, if not, it's in the Luxe guide). It all worked out beautifully for us.
Dec 2nd, 2005, 11:07 AM
Original Poster

Welcome back, Kathie. And thanks. Hope you enjoyed Prasart as much as I did.
Dec 2nd, 2005, 12:15 PM

Katie/ Gloria-Do you have a telephone number for the Prasart?
Dec 2nd, 2005, 12:54 PM

Gpanda, I'm still unpacking, so don't have my resources in front of me. The little book that comes with Nancy Chandler map has the Prasart phone number. You must call in advance for reservations, I think they only allow one party at a time there. In the past, I tried a number of times to go there in the second half of December, but they were closed (several years in a row).

This trip, I called for our appointment during our first few days in Bangkok for a day two weeks away. The earliest appointments they make are for 9:30. We spent about three hours there.
Dec 2nd, 2005, 01:19 PM

Kathie-thanks, I'll check the NCMap. Of course, we're going 12/25-12/29, so it may be closed. I'll blame Bob.
Dec 2nd, 2005, 01:27 PM

http://web.ku.ac.th/AmazingThailand/...sartMuseum.htm
has hours and phone numbers.
Dec 2nd, 2005, 02:27 PM
Original Poster

We were there last year between christmas and new year -- I think Dec. 29.