Info about tours booked with Vietnamstay.com

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody has experience with tours booked through these guys?Planning a trip and they seem to be well organized.Would appreciate feedback.Thanks
Old May 7th, 2008, 02:50 PM

Quite a few people here have used them and were happy. I don't recall any complaints. Try searching for vietnamstay.
Old May 8th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Original Poster

Thank you.I searched and it helped a lot.looks like a reputable agency.will use them
Old May 8th, 2008, 02:37 PM

I used them a year ago, no problems, infact they were great!!
Old May 12th, 2008, 09:44 AM

We've used them twice...(once in the North, the other HCMC) Pleased both times....reasonable, too.
Old May 12th, 2008, 08:37 PM

I just got back from a holiday booked completely through Vietnamstay.com (Aurora Travel) Everything went very smoothly. We were cruising down the Mekong Delta and received a call on our guides mobile that our next flight had been delayed by 30mins! We were so amazed that they had even bothered to call!
Old Aug 3rd, 2009, 07:29 PM

just want to say that we had a great experience with vietnamstay.com this past month. had read a recommendation (maybe here) but eliminated them from my planning when i went to their web site and saw that they do not quote prices... you have to write to them for a quote. however, after becoming frustrated in looking for a reasonable price for the majestic (saigon)... wrote to them in desperation. their quote was far below any others... including my old faithful, agoda. not only were they great with communication-- they were totally great when we had to change the reservations a few days before arrival. i would absolutely do business with them again. -kawh
Old Aug 19th, 2009, 03:32 PM

VietNam is one of the countries where tours are totally unneeded unless you have special needs.

There are few challenges to even the neophyte traveller.

Since travel in VietNam is in the doldrums LOOK FOR DISCOUNTS. The VISAS FOR GROUP TOURS ARE FREE UNTIL 2009 DEC 31 (see if they try to rip you for a visa).

Tour ops are presently enjoying discounts of up to 75% off hotel rack rates (usually around 60%) and hotels are offering travellers up to 40% off prices so you need to verify you are getting the best price.

ALSO, you are ENTITLED BY LAW to be billed in VietNam DONG as well as U.S. Dollars and to STIPULATE which currency they invoice you in. By paying in U.S. $ you are enabling the tour ops to increase their profits (which is why they would rather you not pay in Dong)!

Often paying in DONG (billed to your credit card in DONG) gets you savings rather than using Dynamic Exchange! (Only dynamic for the bank).

If you check their web site you will see they are not trading under the web site name.

DO NOT COPY YOUR CREDIT CARD TO ANYONE IN VIETNAM (FRAUD AVOIDANCE) - they use COPIES of the FRONT and the BACK of your credit card to claim CUSTOMER IN PERSON which REDUCES your opportunity of claiming against the card company in case of problems.