India Port Sites

Search

India Port Sites

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21st, 2023, 11:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
India Port Sites

Going on a long cruise and stopping in the following ports. Goa, Cochin and Mumbai. Only have a day in each. What what sites are not to be missed in all 3? TIA
Old Nov 23rd, 2023, 08:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where in Goa? It's mostly beaches, but I found Old Goa worth seeing (admittedly during a festival).

Plenty to see in Kochi - recommend a good guide book. Doesn't sound like you have time for a houseboat tour, and that's better overnight anyway.
Old Nov 23rd, 2023, 11:33 PM
Original Poster

Mormuagoa?
Old Nov 24th, 2023, 04:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ccarlson
Mormuagoa?
Never heard of it, but it turns out to be at the end of a peninsula round about the middle. You could go south, and hang out on a beach, or north ditto plus Panaji, the state capital, and old Goa. Have no idea what the transport situation is these days. There seem to be a bunch of temples nearby. There are wild life sanctuaries and waterfalls, but you might need a cruise ship expedition for those. Forget the spice plantations, not worth a visit.

When are you going? There are a number of festivals.
Old Dec 4th, 2023, 01:31 PM

In Goa, take a taxi to Baga Beach, start your journey with chaos and then after 1-2 hours head for Morjim Beach... Trust me, you will love Morjim, there is a different aspect of life in Morjim.

In Kochi, you can take an Auto Rickshaw to Fort Kochi, It's an Old Area, where you will have great food, people and ambience.

In Mumbai, take a taxi for Marine Drive and go for a long walk to see one of the most crowded cities in the world. Have patience there, and in 30 minutes you will feel like that you belong to this city.

Enjoy your trip! Let me know if you need anything else!