Search

india help

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
india help

looking to travel to India for Christmas and New Years.i really enjoy forts , temples and any other interesting atraction except for museums.i have really enjoyed places like Bagans temples , Ankor Wat etc.Ive been to Delhi and Jaipur before and also Agra. what im looking for are the most interesting places to see anywhere from Jaisalmer to east or Varanasi to the west.i will have 16 days or so .I will hire a driver and tour guide probably for at least part of the trip. i will also travel by plane if you think it will cut down on driving time without missing to much.i have attention deficit disorder on occasion so i dont mind staying in places for a short time and keeping very busy walking , driving.I have driven across Tibet and Myanmar with enough time to take some pictures of the sights soak in some atmosphere and keep moving. i figured id start here as i have about 15 places between those 2 cities mentioned id like to go. Again im looking for some amazing and memerable places to see with some interesting towns along the way. thank you all for your replys>Steve
Old Apr 24th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Original Poster

oh yeah , was also thinking about going to Bhutan for a few days if it would fit , but ive been to Tibet and after reading a recent trip report recently posted im thinking staying in India .looking for advisement.Thanks again. steve .
Old Apr 24th, 2007, 09:43 PM

Certainly there are a lot of places between Jaisalmer & Varanasi that will hold your attention. The best way would be to commission a couple of tour operators - there are many on the forum overt or incognito! - tell them about your specific interests & let them devise a good tinerary for you.
Best Wishes!
Old Apr 25th, 2007, 03:49 AM

yes, it is rght that there are so many destinations to visit if you go from Jaisalmer to Varanasi.

If you have already visited jaipur / Agra etc then you can probably visit Jodhpur, Udaipur, ranthambhore, Bharatpur, Gwalior, Khajuraho and varanasi.

I am sure a travel agent can give you a bette detailed plan and would be able to guide you.

I went to India this Feb and was very satisfied with the services provided by Shweta Seth at Compass Tours. She was very prompt and helpful before and during the tour. You can call them anytime and they are always ready to assist. This company comes highly recommended by the forum..You can get in touch with her and she would be able to give you a good plan and price.

If you want any help regarding email id so kindly get in touch with me
Old Apr 26th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Original Poster

i have just contacted compass tour for their input. i will need a driver but do i need a tour guide to accompany us during the whole trip or will there be guides that i can hire along the way?thanks again
Old Apr 26th, 2007, 06:44 PM

compass will arrange for guides to meet you as needed/wanted.
Old Apr 26th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Original Poster

thanks! does anybody think it would be possible to go to Jaisalmer,Jodhpur,Udaipur,Khajuraho,Varanasi and also Bhutan for 3 or 4 days or more if possible.I have a total of 16 days starting in Delhi. Will be traveling in Dec. during the holidays so the snow in Bhutan may be a problem. Also it looks like there are only 3 flights a week going to and from Bhutan.Any comments are appreciated....
Old Apr 26th, 2007, 09:56 PM

Seven cities in 16 days? That's less than one day per city in India if you factor in the time to get to each city. I'd do either Bhutan OR Khajuraho &Varanasi but not both. Its a shame to travel so far and not have a chance to actually experience anything other than point to point photo opps.

Often you have to overnight in Delhi if you fly...outbound trips are typically in the morning but domestic flights into delhi often arrive in the late afternoon, and sometimes the outbound flights are delayed due to fog in December.