imperial mae-ping - confused

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20th, 2010, 11:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope you can help. Recently someone recommended this hotel on the basis of very good value. When I went on the website it was suggesting 25,000 baht which converts to 550 pound sterling - I would never dream of paying that per night, am I doing something wrong? Thanks for assistance.
Old Apr 21st, 2010, 12:06 AM

Hi Steve - no idea what you are doing wrong,can I suggest you look at the Asiarooms.com website as it has rooms at that hotel from AUD$46 to AUD201. I booked rooms in Chang Mai through this site in 2008 and had no problems. We went to Rimping Village,which I can recommend highly- a bit more low key perhasps than what you are looking at now.

Good luck! - wish I was off to Chiang Mai just now!
Old Apr 21st, 2010, 06:46 AM

Clearly something is wrong with that website!

Also look at www.sawasdee.com both this and the website above have good prices. Read teh fine print, but both websites usuallly include tax and service (17.7%) and full brerakfast. You'll also find other hotels in that price range on these websites.
Old Apr 21st, 2010, 08:53 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Flanders 1 and Kathie - I think it is because I didn't include the words Thai Baht and so it calculated the question wrong. Thanks for the websites which are going to be useful. I am going to do some research on beach areas not far from Chang Mai (second part of trip) but if you have any suggestions they will be gratefully received.
Old Apr 21st, 2010, 09:06 AM

"beach areas not far from Chang Mai" CM is in Northern Thailand, not close to the beach areas which are in the south. There are inexpensive flights from CM to Bangkok and from Bangkok to the beach areas. WHich beach to go to depends on the time of year you are traveling and what you like to do at the beach,
Old Apr 22nd, 2010, 09:36 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Kathie, I should have done some basic research - Ive now looked on a map and can see its not really near a beach.
Steve